- Departments & Offices
- Transportation & Capital Infrastructure
- Projects, Studies & Plans
- Route 9 / 287 Roundabout
Route 9 / Route 287 Roundabout
- The project consists of approximately one mile of roadway improvements, including a two-lane roundabout at the intersection of Route 9 and Route 287.
- Improvements will also include new drainage and stormwater facilities as well as relocation of some utilities.
- When complete, the project will significantly reduce existing traffic congestion, improve safety and provide a long-term, cost-effective solution for future maintenance.
- The Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation, Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, and the US Fish and Wildlife Service determined that the project should have no impact on threatened or endangered species.
Current Phase: Right of Way Acquisition
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Fall 2021 - Fall 2022: Right of Way Acquisition
- Winter 2023 - Fall 2023: Utilities Relocation
- Winter 2024 - Spring 2024: Procurement of Construction Contractor
- Spring 2024: Award Contract – Construction
- Spring 2024: Notice to Proceed – Construction
- Spring 2024 - Spring 2026: Construction
- Spring 2026: Substantial Completion
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all project updates on Route 9/287 Roundabout.
- Sign up for updates on this project in Notify Me, Blogs category.
Traffic Model Videos
View animated traffic model videos of roundabout movements during morning and evening peak travel hours:
- Morning Peak Traffic - Real Time View Video
- Morning Peak Traffic - Accelerated Time View Video
- Afternoon Peak Traffic - Real Time View Video
- Afternoon Peak Traffic - Accelerated Time View Video
- 6-25-19 Public Information Meeting Brochure (PDF)
- 6-25-19 Public Information Meeting Exhibit (PDF)
- 6-25-19 Public Information Meeting - Typical Sections (PDF)
- 6-25-19 Public Information Meeting Comment Sheet (PDF)
- If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.