Route 9 / Route 287 Roundabout
- The project consists of a new 2-lane roundabout at the intersection of Route 9 and Route 287 with widened roadway approaches.
- Improvements will also include new drainage and storm water facilities, as well as relocation of utilities that will be impacted by the project.
- When complete, the project will significantly reduce existing traffic congestion, improve safety, and provide a long-term, cost-effective solution for future roadway operation and maintenance.
- The Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation, Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, and the US Fish and Wildlife Service determined that the project should have no impact on threatened or endangered species.
Current Phase: Right of Way Acquisition
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Fall 2021 - Fall 2023: Right of Way Acquisition
- Fall 2023 - Winter 2024: Utilities Relocation
- Summer 2024: Procurement of Construction Contractor
- Summer 2024 - Fall 2024: Award Contract – Construction
- Fall 2024: Notice to Proceed – Construction
- Winter 2025 - Fall 2026: Construction
- Fall 2026: Substantial Completion
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all project updates on Route 9/287 Roundabout.
- Sign up for updates on this project in Notify Me, Blogs category.
Traffic Model Videos
View animated traffic model videos of roundabout movements during morning and evening peak travel hours:
- Morning Peak Traffic - Real Time View Video
- Morning Peak Traffic - Accelerated Time View Video
- Afternoon Peak Traffic - Real Time View Video
- Afternoon Peak Traffic - Accelerated Time View Video
- 6-25-19 Public Information Meeting Brochure (PDF)
- 6-25-19 Public Information Meeting Exhibit (PDF)
- 6-25-19 Public Information Meeting - Typical Sections (PDF)