Human Services Strategic Plan
In 2019, Loudoun County, in partnership with local nonprofit organizations, developed the county’s first, community-wide Human Services Strategic Plan (PDF). The plan was developed through a wide-ranging, collaborative effort by the Loudoun County government, the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties and the Loudoun Human Services Network. Representatives of these groups served on the Human Services Strategic Plan Steering Committee, which developed the strategic plan. The effort also included extensive community outreach.
The plan provides strategies for implementing improved, coordinated systems of care that can help to address the county’s health and human service needs. Since its introduction, county departments and nonprofit partners have needed to navigate the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and changes to Federal and State mandates to continue providing services that support a vision of a healthy, thriving, safe, and inclusive Loudoun community. The plan continues to be a resource for the community to use.
The plan, presented at the Board of Supervisors business meeting July 2, 2019, has five major goals:
- Close critical service gaps for vulnerable or underserved members of the Loudoun community;
- Improve health and wellness outcomes by addressing the social determinants of health that challenge the Loudoun community;
- Optimize access for people seeking services by integrating the Loudoun human services system;
- Meet the growing needs of the Loudoun community through the development and coordination of resources and funding practices; and
- Enhance the quality, capacity and delivery of services by strengthening the network of human services providers.
If you have any questions about the Human Services Strategic Plan, email the Loudoun County Office of Health Information Safeguards and Accountability in the Office of the County Administrator.
- Loudoun County Health and Human Services Agencies
- Loudoun County Grant Opportunities
- Sign up for updates in Notify Me, News Flash category, choose Nonprofit Updates