Ashburn Senior Center
- The project includes the construction of a 15,000-square-foot senior center on a five-acre proffered site.
- The facility will be the first senior center in Ashburn and the fifth center in Loudoun County providing services for the growing senior population.
- Features of the center include a small gymnasium, a large multipurpose room with pickleball courts, classrooms, a commercial kitchen, a fitness room, a game room, a computer lab and an arts-and-crafts room.
- The center will be operated by the Loudoun County Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS).
- The exterior areas have been designed as extensions to the classroom areas, allowing activities to flow outside to take advantage of the natural surroundings.
- The project will be Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified, indicating that the building meets the environmental needs of the community and will maintain an eco-friendly design.
- Construction is completed. For services and programs provided at this facility, visit the PRCS Ashburn Senior Center page.
Current Status: Construction Completed
- Loudoun County celebrated the grand opening of the Ashburn Senior Center on Thursday, June 17, 2021, at 10:30 a.m. The center is located at 20880 Marblehead Drive in Ashburn, Virginia. For event photos, view the Ashburn Senior Center photo album on Facebook.
- This is the final update that will be provided on this project as construction is now concluded and the facility is open and operational.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for the Ashburn Senior Center.
- Sign up to receive email or text updates about projects and studies on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staff. For programming and more information, contact the Ashburn Senior Center at 571-367-8340.
Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.