Ashburn Recreation & Community Center
- The project will construct a 117,000-square-foot recreation and community center on Broadlands Boulevard, west of the intersection with Claiborne Parkway.
- The two-story facility will feature a 50-meter competition pool, leisure pool, spa, full-size gymnasium, soft sensory play room, multipurpose room with a catering and teaching kitchen, classrooms, offices and meeting spaces. The facility's one indoor basketball gymnasium will have six basketball hoops and will include game line markings for basketball, volleyball and pickleball. The second floor will include fitness areas, running track, spectator seating for the competition pool and viewing area for the leisure pool.
- Additional features include a multi-use trail around the property, a large courtyard with seating, a splash play area and playground equipment.
- Loudoun County dignitaries and members of the public gathered for a Topping Out Ceremony for the Ashburn Recreation and Community Center on April 25, 2023. In building construction, this ceremony symbolizes the completion of structural steel installation, which is a significant milestone in this project.
Current Phase: Construction
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Spring 2022 – Summer 2025: Construction
- Summer 2025: Substantial Completion
Stay Informed About the Project
- View all updates on the Ashburn Recreation and Community Center project
- Sign up for updates on this project in Notify Me, Blogs Category
- Ashburn Recreation and Community Center Public Information Meeting Presentation - 9-26-19 (PDF)
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staffor call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officeror call 703-771-5086.