Unmet Housing Needs Strategic Plan
The Board of Supervisors directed that an Unmet Housing Needs Strategic Plan be drafted as a key implementation step of the recently adopted Loudoun County 2019 Comprehensive Plan. The purpose of the Unmet Housing Needs Strategic Plan is to define how the county will address unmet housing needs in a systematic and comprehensive way with integrated programs.
The plan will drive the solutions to address the county’s unmet housing needs developed through a strategic planning process. The issue of unmet housing needs is complex and will require the community to come together to solve it.
The plan aims to identify strategies and tools, as well as housing targets, to address housing needs at each level of Area Median Income up to 100% (or $121,300 for a family of 4 in 2019). The plan will identify housing targets over the short term, which is considered to be the next five years, and the long term. Anticipated strategies may include both market-driven and more traditional approaches, including enhanced and new programs and initiatives.
The planning process is anticipated to require 12 to 14 months to complete, including ongoing community engagement, a program assessment and enhancement phase and a strategy development phase.
Connecting with the community will be a key component of this plan and will include multiple opportunities for engagement. All community engagement events will be publicized and posted on the Loudoun County Government Master Calendar:
- Open House
- Topic-specific Focus Groups
- Community Conversations
- Public Hearing
Stay Informed About This Plan
- View all updates on the Unmet Housing Needs Strategic Plan
- Sign up to receive updates on this plan in Notify Me, Blogs category
Related Documents and Resources
- Unmet Housing Needs Strategic Plan one-pager
- Loudoun County Housing Snapshot
- Loudoun County Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program
- 2019 Loudoun County Human Services Strategic Plan
- Loudoun County 2019 General Plan
- 2018 EDAC Housing Recommendations
- 2017 Housing Summit Recommendations
- 2017 Housing Primer
- 2017 Kimley-Horn Market Study
- 2017 Housing Needs Assessment
- 2016 EDAC Night-time Economy Report
- 2015 Affordable Housing Stakeholders Group Recommendations