Crosstrail Boulevard: Kincaid to Russell Branch
- This project funds the construction of a new four-lane, median divided road segment, extending Crosstrail Boulevard from Kincaid Boulevard to Russell Branch Parkway at its existing intersection with River Creek Parkway. The project includes the following major elements:
- 115 ft. long bridge that will carry Crosstrail Boulevard over the W&OD Trail Regional Park.
- Direct pedestrian or bicycle connection between the W&OD Trail and Crosstrail Boulevard.
- 500 ft. long bridge that will carry Crosstrail Boulevard over Tuscarora Creek.
- Five storm water retention facilities.
- When completed, Crosstrail Boulevard will provide a new connection in southeastern Leesburg between Sycolin Road near Philip A. Bolen Memorial Park and Route 7.
- In a future project, Crosstrail Boulevard will be extended beyond Sycolin Road to link to the Dulles Greenway interchange at Shreve Mill Road. The county is scheduled to begin design and development later this year; construction will not begin prior to 2024.
Current Status: October 2020
- Earthwork has begun and will be ongoing throughout the project. Crews will be hauling away excess material from the project area on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through October, beginning October 3, 2020.
- Blasting to excavate rock between the W&OD Trail and the Tuscarora Creek Bridge will be completed this November, weather permitting. All work complies with the blasting permit provided by the Loudoun County Fire Marshall’s Office (LCFMO). View LCFMO Blasting Complaint Procedures at Loudoun.gov.
- Work to establish sediment controls and utility relocation, including supporting poles for power lines, is ongoing.
- Construction of the bridge structure that will carry Crosstrail Boulevard over Tuscarora Creek has begun with the installation of rebar in preparation for concrete.
- For complaints regarding construction noise that is not in compliance with the Loudoun County Codified Ordinance or the Leesburg Town Code (for those living within town limits), please call the non-emergency number for the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office (LCSO) at (703) 777-1021. The Loudoun County Codified ordinance allows for construction, demolition and/or maintenance activities which produce sound between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. on weekdays, or from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays. Within town limits, the Leesburg Town Code allows construction noise, including pneumatic hammers, chain saws, pile drivers, steam shovels and similar equipment between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 10 p.m.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for this Crosstrail Boulevard: Kincaid to Russell Branch project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Crosstrail Blvd. Exhibit - Full Segment (PDF)
- Quarterly Report on Capital Improvement Projects (PDF)
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.