Evergreen Mills Road Realignment
- This project provides for the planning, design, right-of-way acquisition, and construction of the realignment of Evergreen Mills Road at the intersections of Reservoir Road and Watson Road.
- The improvements propose a new four-way signalized intersection between Evergreen Mills Road, Watson Road and Reservoir Road.
- This project is an existing Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project that was also identified as a long-term recommendation in the Evergreen Mills Road Safety Audit and Improvements completed in 2019.
- The project is designed to improve lines of sight and safety along this segment of Evergreen Mills Road, while adding right and left turn lanes from Evergreen Mills onto Watson Road and Reservoir Road.
Current Status: March 2021
- The Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure (DTCI) received design endorsement from the Board of Supervisors on February 2, 2021.
- Land Acquisition efforts are anticipated to begin in Fall 2021.
- Additional field work related to geotechnical investigations expected to begin April 2021.
- Design Consultant working on advancing the 60% design plans.
- A virtual public information meeting was held on Tuesday, September 22, 2020. View the public information meeting materials in the Meeting Documents below.
- In June 2019, while schools were still in session, existing traffic counts and field surveys were completed.
- In August 2019, conceptual plans were submitted to the Virginia Department of Transportation and the county’s Department of Building & Development for review and comment.
- The Virginia Department of Historic Resources has requested a Phase 1 Cultural Resources Investigation, which is currently underway.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all project updates on Evergreen Mills Road Realignment.
- Sign up for updates on this project in Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Evergreen Mills Road/Watson Road Safety Audit and Improvements
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.