PRCS Closures and Operating Status
Loudoun County Government is practicing social distancing in county facilities and other measures that help limit the spread of germs, including COVID-19. We encourage you to access online services and limit visits to county facilities to only those that are necessary.
PRCS Citizen Survey
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the landscape for all of us. The Loudoun County Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services is grateful for your past support of our programs and is seeking your input regarding what would help you feel comfortable returning to PRCS sites and programs as restrictions are lifted. Your feedback is essential to department efforts to establish procedures and develop programs for the present time and as we move forward. Surveys will be accepted through May 29. Please take the survey.
Summer Registration & Program Status
- In response to the Commonwealth of Virginia Executive Order Number 55, all PRCS recreation, community, senior and adult day centers and the Franklin Park Performing and Visual Arts Center are closed until further notice.
- County parks and Banshee Reeks Nature Preserve are open during normal hours for passive trail and leisure use, if social distancing is maintained. All offices, playgrounds, athletic complexes and courts, pavilions and other features in parks that would encourage gatherings and negatively impact social distancing practices are closed. Signs will be posted at features affected by this closure and residents are urged to adhere to any closure notices.
- The central administrative office in Leesburg is open during normal business hours.
- All PRCS classes, events and programs are canceled until further notice.
- With the closure of Loudoun County Public Schools through the end of the 2019-2020 school year, PRCS programs at school sites, including CASA, YAS and sports league activities, are canceled until further notice.
- Registration for PRCS summer camp will take place as scheduled (online only). 5.15.20 Update on camp.
- Registration for PRCS after-school programs for the 2020-2021 school year will take place as scheduled (online only).
- Preschool is canceled for the remainder of the school year.
- Child care is canceled until further notice.
- All senior and adult day centers are closed until further notice. For senior services information, contact the Loudoun County Area Agency on Aging. Call 703-777-0257, email aaa or email aaa support.
- Sign up for text or email notifications and follow @loudounprcs on Facebook.
- Experience how PRCS is creating community during COVID-19.