COVID-19 Information For County Employees
K-6 Distance Learning Child Care Program
The Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is offering child care options for children in grades K-6 while they are in distance learning. Options are available 2, 3, or 5 days-per-week.
The program is available to all county employees, regardless of which school system/jurisdiction a child is enrolled. Children are not required to be Loudoun County Public Schools students in order to participate.
Registration and Payment
Registration for county and schools' employees is now open. Limited seats are available.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- September fee is prorated.
- Full October payment will be due September 21.
- Payment for each following month will be due the 15th of the month.
County Employee Discount
County employees will receive a 10% discount on fees for the program. Monthly fees for county employees are as follows:
School Day (7:40 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.)
- 5-day option: $311.00
- 3-day option: $192.00
- 2-day option: $128.00
After School (2:30 until 6:00 p.m.)
- 5-day option: $311.00
- 3-day option: $192.00
- 2-day option: $128.00
Note: For parents who wish to enroll children in a full day program (7:40 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.), register for both the school day and after school sessions.
The county’s other child care programs, including CASA and YAS, will operate as normally scheduled.
If you have any questions, please email PRCS.
- Employees are required to wear face coverings in the workplace. Learn more.
- Physical distancing is required in County facilities and around the community. Learn more.
Loudoun County entered Phase 3 of the state’s reopening plan on Wednesday, July 1, 2020. Regardless of when you return to your workplace, there is information that every employee needs to know. This information is provided in the employee reorientation guide (PDF).
This is a rapidly changing situation that has impacted county services. Learn more about county closures and service changes.
- Employees may text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
- Sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19 at loudoun.gov/coronavirus
- Why are face coverings required in the workplace?
- What should I do if I come in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or is showing symptoms?
- What is the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and what benefits am I entitled to under this new law?
- What are the County’s policies on the use of sick leave or telework for employees who are diagnosed with or displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or who believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19?
- Can management send an employee home if the employee comes to work sick or displaying obvious cold or flu symptoms? If so, will the employee be required to use paid accrued leave?
- Can management require an employee to provide a doctor’s note “clearing” the employee to return to work?
- When can I return to work if I am feeling sick?
- What should I do if I am concerned that my co-worker may be contagious or is caring for or lives with someone who is contagious?
- What happens if an employee is sick and does not have any accrued sick leave?
- Can an employee telework instead of using sick leave?
- Will an employee with the COVID-19 virus be covered by Family Medical Leave?
- What if the employee was exposed to the COVID-19 virus at work as a result of his/her job duties? Will the employee’s exposure to illness and/or subsequent illness be covered by Workers’ Compensation?
- What if an employee needs time off to care for a sick relative with the COVID-19 virus?
- What accommodations or assistance will be given to employees with child care issues due to a COVID-19 related school closure?
- I am signed up to go to a conference and I’ve already made travel plans. Since the County has cancelled non-essential travel, what should I do?
- Does our County medical insurance plan offer any options for virtual care?
- I am very worried and fearful about COVID-19 and the potential impacts to me and my family. What resources does the County have available to assist employees with dealing with stress?
- If I or a family member is exhibiting symptoms of the coronavirus and are also covered under the Cigna health plan, how will the COVID-19 testing be covered?
- I have a question that is not addressed in this FAQ. Who should I direct my inquiry to?
Prevent the spread of germs
Staff are encouraged to practice standard protocols for cold and flu season. These steps are proven prevention measures that work, including for COVID-19:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Practice physical distancing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cover cough or sneeze with a tissue then discard tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Stay Home if You’re Sick
Virtual Care / Telehealth
- Cigna Virtual Medical Care Services
Through the employee medical plan with Cigna, access to Cigna’s Virtual Care services is available via phone or video 24/7/365 days of the year including holidays and weekends.
- Use when you also need to limit exposure to the public and for reserving emergency rooms for true emergencies.
- Use in place of seeing a physician in-person for minor medical conditions and costs less than emergency room or urgent care visits.
- All virtual care visits are with board-certified physicians.
- You can have a prescription sent directly to your local pharmacy, if appropriate, as well handle short-term refills of existing prescriptions.
- Register for Cigna’s Virtual Care Networks (Amwell and MDLive)
- Register directly online:
- Access either site through myCigna app on your mobile device.
- Go to myCigna app, select on Find Care, select Cigna Telehealth Connection.
- Choose from MDLive or American Well (Amwell).
- View instructions (PDF)
- Register through myCigna.com
- Log in to myCigna.com
- Select the Cigna Telehealth Connection; Select either Amwell or MDLive
- Information needed to register
- The employee or covered dependent must provide their name, gender, date of birth, email and Cigna ID# to register and create an account.
- Medical history including drug allergies and a form of payment (such as a credit card). For individuals enrolled in the OAP or POS plans, an office visit copay will be charged at time of visit.
- For individuals enrolled in the HRA or HSA plan, the discounted cost of the visit will be applied to the deductible until satisfied.
The County offers resources available to employees and members of their household who may need emotional support.
- Lytle EAP
- Available to all employees, regardless of Cigna enrollment
- Employees receive 4 Free confidential counseling sessions per issue per year through Lytle EAP
- Public Safety employees receive 8 Free confidential counseling sessions per issue per year
- Employees are encouraged to utilize Lytle’s free services first
- Services are available on-demand 24/7 via telephone, web portal, mobile app, video counseling and chat functionality.
Website: lytleeap.com, create an account using new company code: lcgovt
- Available to employees enrolled in Cigna
- Eligible employees receive 3 Free confidential counseling sessions per issue per year through Cigna
- Services are available through face-to-face, online, phone and mobile apps
- To access services visit myCigna.com, Review My Coverage, Employee Assistance Program. You can call 877.231.1492 for referrals or go online, search the provider directory and obtain an authorization.
- You can also call Cigna customer service at 800.244.6224. If there isn’t a number on your card, call Cigna Behavioral Health at 800.274.7603.
To consult with your Employee Relations Analyst, call 703-777-0213.Contact
For questions, email Benefits or 703-777-0517.
- COVID-19 Resources
- CDC: How to Prepare and Protect Your Family
- CDC: Testing for COVID-19
- CDC: Symptoms of COVID-19
- CDC: Key Facts
Additional information about the following topics is available on the employee intranet. Please contact a member of your department with network access for more information.
- Emergency Operations Personnel Requests
- Emergency Procurement Guidance
- Telework technology - VPN
- Web conferencing and online meetings