Mobile Pet Adoption Events
Meet adoptable pets in convenient locations across Loudoun County by visiting them on the Mobile Adoption Bus!
All pets on the bus are available for adoption and most can go home right away.
|Saturday, December 14, 2019||Home for the Holidays, Fee-Waived Adoption Event, LCAS||11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday, December 15, 2019||Pet Supplies Plus||11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.|
|Saturday, December 21, 2019||Leesburg Farmers Market||9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Sunday, December 22, 2019||Cascades Farmers Market||9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|Sunday, December 29, 2019||Pet Valu Purcellville||10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.|
Items to Consider
While visiting with shelter pets at a mobile adoption event, here are a few items to consider during the adoption process:
- Adopters must be 18 years or older with photo ID.
- All adoption policies and procedures apply to mobile adoptions, just like any adoption conducted at the shelter.
- We encourage all adults in the adopting family to visit their new pet prior to adoption.
- For adopters currently renting, be sure to check any policy with regards to pet ownership to avoid landlord concerns.
- Declawed cats are adopted with the intention of being indoor-only cats.
- In most cases you can take your new pet home on the same day! LCAS reserves the right to temporarily hold an adoption pending further approval or possible home check.
- If you have any questions, please call 703-777-0406.
Get a head start on the adoption process completing an adoption application (PDF) to bring with you while visiting pets on the mobile adoption bus!
Host the Mobile Adoption Bus at Your Next Event!
Are you interested in bringing the Mobile Adoption Bus to a community event? Please email Loudoun County Animal Services or call 703-737-8045 for availability. Due to high demand, the bus is often booked three to five months in advance.
The vehicle, purchased through generous donations to the Animal Services Trust Fund, has been in operation since 2009. It is 33 feet long and provides comfortable, climate controlled space for approximately 20 animals. The bus includes a visiting room and roll up doors so that animals can be seen from the outside. It can be used for emergency response situations such as large scale animal seizures, rescues or veterinary medical triage.