Vote on Election Day Information
Vote on Election Day
The next General Election is scheduled for Tuesday, November 8, 2022. On Election Day, voters must go to their assigned precinct. Polls are open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Please read this page carefully so you are ready to vote on election day.
Please note that if you have previously submitted a request for permanent absentee ballot by mail your ballot will be mailed on or around September 22, 2022. If you no longer wish to vote by mail you must complete and submit the request found here no later than September 13, 2022.
Tuesday, November 8, 2022, General Election
- Voter Registration Deadlines:
- Online - Monday, October 17, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. www.vote.virginia.gov.
- In-person - Monday, October 17, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
- By-Mail - Postmarked no later than Monday, October 17, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
- Election Day - Tuesday, November 8, 2022. Polls are open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Know Before You Go
Before you head to your polling place:
- Check your registration and make sure everything is correct on the Virginia Department of Elections Citizen Portal.
- Have your acceptable ID with you. This includes voter card, driver’s license, state ID card, and more.
- Know where you vote. Check your polling place at the Virginia Department of Elections Citizen Portal
- Check out the sample ballot so you can get in, vote, and get moving safely.
- Avoid ’peak’ times, typically early morning and the last few hours.
- Polls are open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- If you have a disability or mobility issues you can vote from the comfort of your car. Simply pull up to the 'Curbside Voting' sign at your precinct and the Election Officers will come out to get your information, go inside to get your ballot, bring it back to you, then cast it in the voting machine on your behalf.
- List of Loudoun County polling places.
- Paper Voter Registration Application (PDF) (print and mail).
- Information on Early Voting.
- Information on Voting at Home.
- General Information on November 8, 2022, General Election