This project will design and construct a replacement for the current Lovettsville Fire and Rescue Station. The replacement station will be located adjacent to the existing station on Lovettsville Fire Rescue Company property that will be annexed to the Town of Lovettsville.
- This project provides funding to design and construct an approximately 18,500-square-foot fire station to replace the Lovettsville Fire and Rescue Company #12 Station.
- In 2005, a comprehensive engineering report of the County's fire-rescue facilities was completed to evaluate existing conditions and programmatic shortages of current facilities. Recommendations for facility improvements were provided to ensure the operational success of the County’s Fire and Rescue System. Lovettsville Fire-Rescue Station #12 was among the properties evaluated and found to be in need of facility expansion and comprehensive renovation. The current building was erected in 1974 and has had two subsequent additions.
- Once constructed, the new station will be used by Lovettsville Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company 12. The Lovettsville Rescue Squad received its charter in 1966. In 1967, a fire company was begun, and combined with the rescue squad to form one company in 1968.
Current Phase: Construction
- Winter 2023: Notice to Proceed
- Winter 2023-Fall 2024: Construction
- Fall 2024: Substantial Completion