Philomont Fire and Rescue Station
This project will construct a new 18,500-square-foot fire and rescue facility on Snickersville Turnpike in the Village of Philomont to replace the existing Philomont Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company #8 Station.
- The facility is anticipated to include apparatus bays, bunkroom facilities, a training/break room, restrooms, showers, food preparation and dining areas, laundry and decontamination areas, supply storage and a gear and hose drying area. It will also include a breathing apparatus air compressor room, a fitness room, offices and a repair shop.
- The project was approved as a part of the FY2017 Capital Improvement Program (CIP) budget and all subsequent years since. Members of the public provided input on this project in the following ways:
- A public information meeting was held on September 30, 2020 at Woodgrove High School to discuss the future project. View the presentation (PDF) below.
- The project was a part of the November 2020 Bond Referendum. This was a referendum to determine how this project, along with multiple other public safety projects, was to be financed and not a vote on the project itself.
- A public information meeting was held on September 9, 2021, at Woodgrove High School to discuss the 2001 feasibility study performed by the county.
- County staff met with the residents of Philomont at the Philomont Community Center on September 29, 2021. View the recording (MP4) and presentation (PDF) below.
- The findings of the first feasibility study were presented at a Board of Supervisors meeting October 5, 2021.
- An additional feasibility study has been completed based on sketches submitted to the County by community members (referred to as Scheme 4 and 4A). The study was presented to the Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee (FGOEDC) as an informational item on July 11, 2023. While FGOEDC meetings do not have a public comment component to them, after the public’s review of the presentation and the study, any comments can be sent to DTCI and directly to Loudoun County Board of Supervisor members.
Current Phase: Project Design
- Learn about the project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Summer 2022 - Spring 2025: Project Design
- Fall 2025: Procurement of Construction Contractor
- Fall 2025: Award Contract – Construction
- Fall 2025: Notice to Proceed – Construction
- Fall 2025 - Spring 2027: Construction
- Spring 2027: Substantial Completion
Future Public Input Opportunities
Upcoming Opportunities (Dates are tentative, will be updated as the design progresses.)
- Planning Commission Public Hearing for review of the Special Exception (SPEX) and Commission Permit (CMPT). Tentatively scheduled for fall (Oct/Nov/Dec) 2023.
- Board of Supervisors Public Hearing and Business Meeting for review of the Special Exception (SPEX) and Commission Permit (CMPT). Tentatively scheduled fall (Oct/Nov/Dec) 2023.
Stay Informed About This Project
The blog provides project updates to subscribers, including phase and milestone information.
- View all updates for the Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Replacement.
- Sign Up to receive email and text updates about projects and studies on Notify Me, Blogs category
- 2023 Feasibility Study for the Philomont Fire and Rescue Station (PDF)
- 2023 Feasibility Study for the Philomont Fire and Rescue Station_Presentation (PDF)
- 12.8.22_Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Public Information Meeting_Presentation (PDF)
- 12.8.22_Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Public Information meeting_Recording (MP4)
- Due to a technical issue, audio begins at 1 minute, 22 seconds.
- 9-8-21_Philomont Fire and Rescue Public Information Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- 9-8-21_Philomont Fire and Rescue Public Information Meeting Recording (MP4)
- 2001 Feasibility Study for the Philomont Fire and Rescue Station (PDF)
- Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Overview Fact Sheet
- Philomont Fire and Rescue Station September 2020 Public Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee Report: November 2020 Bond Referendum
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- Contact the Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure at 703-737-8624 or email the department.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.