Western Loudoun Park and Ride
- This project provides for the design and construction of a minimum 250 space surface park and ride lot on a site adjacent to the proposed Fields Farm Park in the Town of Purcellville.
- Currently, the Virginia Regional Transit parking lot in Purcellville is serving as the only Park and Ride Lot in western Loudoun, with the closest alternative to the east in the town of Hamilton. The planned Western Loudoun Park and Ride will establish a dedicated lot in the Town of Purcellville.
- The project is funded with local taxes, Smart Scale, and Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ) funds. These federal programs are administered locally by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (NVTA).
- The design phase is underway, with estimated completion in late 2022. The final design will proceed with the approval of rezoning and Special Use Permit (SUP) applications.
Current Status: April 2021
- The consultant, J2 Engineers, developed 30% design plans that were preliminarily reviewed by the Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure, VDOT, the Town of Purcellville, and Loudoun County Building and Development. The consultant has begun developing the 60% design plans.
- A concept development plan and two SUP plats for the Fields Farm Park property have been developed and their applications were submitted to the Town of Purcellville.
- The development of environmental documents required for CMAQ funding is in process.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for the Western Loudoun Park and Ride Projects.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Western Loudoun Park and Ride Exhibit (PDF)
- Visit the Loudoun County Park and Ride Lots resource page.
- Quarterly Report on Capital Improvement Project (PDF)
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.