Farmwell Road Intersection Improvements
- This project provides for the design, ROW acquisition and construction of intersection improvements along Farmwell Road between Smith Switch Road and Ashburn Road.
- The current project scope includes the addition and/or modification of turn lanes and receiving lanes at several Farmwell Road intersections, including Farmwell Road and Ashburn Road, Farmwell Road at Dodge Terrace, Farmwell Road at Ashburn Village Boulevard and Waxpool Road/Farmwell Road at Smith Switch Road. Pedestrian improvements and connectivity along the corridor are also part of the project scope.
- A value engineering workshop was conducted in July 2020 in accordance with VDOT requirements to identify potential improvements to the current roadway design.
- Public input on a preliminary design to widen Farmwell Road was solicited during a Public Information Meeting held on May 30, 2017 at Broad Run High School from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Public feedback regarding the preliminary design prompted a revision to the scope of the project to focus on interim intersection improvements and not the full widening of the corridor as originally planned. The Board of Supervisors approved the scope adjustments during the March 22, 2018 business meeting.
- The project budget includes cash proffers, state revenue sharing, and Local Tax funding.
Current Phase: Design
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Winter 2023: Design Completion
- Spring 2023 - Winter 2024: Right of Way
- Winter 2024 - Spring 2024: Utilities Relocation
- Summer 2024 - Fall 2024: Procurement of Construction Contractor
- Fall 2024: Award Contract – Construction
- Winter 2025: Notice to Proceed – Construction
- Winter 2025 - Fall 2026: Construction
- Fall 2026: Substantial Completion
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for the Farmwell Road Intersection Improvements project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Presentation and overview diagram and 60% design exhibit presented at the December 8, 2020 Ashburn Village Community Association Board of Directors Meeting.
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staffor call 703-737-8624.
• Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officeror call 703-771-5086