Waxpool Road at Pacific Boulevard/Broderick Drive
- This project provides for the design, right of way (ROW) acquisition and construction of intersection improvements and turn lanes at Waxpool Road (Route 625) and Pacific Boulevard and Broderick Drive.
- New turn lanes will be added at Pacific Boulevard from Columbia Place, AOL Drive and Broderick Drive. The project scope also includes modifications to allow right turns on a red signal on Pacific Boulevard at Waxpool Road, traffic signal modifications and improvements to the pedestrian network along Pacific Boulevard south of Waxpool Road.
- The project budget includes cash proffers, state revenue sharing funds, and Gas Tax funding.
- Public input on the design was solicited during a Public Information Meeting held on Tuesday May 20, 2014 at Discovery Elementary School in Ashburn, Virginia.
Traffic delays expected through mid-November for utility relocation.
Drivers should expect delays at the intersection of Waxpool Road (Route 625) and Pacific Boulevard and Broderick Drive through mid-November. Washington Gas is continuing work to relocate their gas main in preparation for the County’s intersection improvement project. Until this work is complete, single-lane closures on both Pacific Blvd and Waxpool Road are possible. Drivers are advised to take extra caution when traveling through this area and follow all directions from the posted signs and road crews.
- To avoid delays, an alternative route around the construction is suggested for southbound motorists. See alternate route map.
Current Phase: Utilities Relocation
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Fall 2021 - Fall 2023: Utilities Relocation
- Winter 2024: Procurement of Construction Contractor
- Winter 2024: Award Contract – Construction
- Winter 2024: Notice to Proceed – Construction
- Winter 2024 - Fall 2025: Construction
- Fall 2025: Substantial Completion
Stay Informed About This Project
The blog provides project updates to subscribers, including phase and milestone information.
- View all updates for the Waxpool Road Intersection Improvements at Pacific Boulevard and Broderick Drive project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.