- Departments & Offices
- Health & Human Services
- About Us
- Health Department
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- COVID-19 Vaccine & Prevention
COVID-19 Vaccine & Prevention
Find COVID-19 Vaccine
COVID-19 vaccine is available from many providers in Loudoun County including medical offices and pharmacies.
- Visit vaccines.gov or text your zip code to GETVAX (438829) to find available vaccination appointments at pharmacies and other locations near you.
- Visit vaccinate.virginia.gov to for more information about COVID-19 vaccination appointments in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
For Young Children
Pediatric and Family Practice Medical Offices - The best place for children to receive a vaccine is at their pediatrician’s office. Doctors and staff in these offices are accustomed to providing vaccine to very young children and are aware of any medical concerns and other special considerations for this age group.
Retail Pharmacies - Pharmacies may be a good option for children 3 and older. Parents and guardians should call first to check availability and the age groups that may be vaccinated in these locations. Pharmacists in Virginia are restricted by law from administering vaccine to children younger than 3 years old.
Loudoun County Health Department - Loudoun County is offering COVID-19 vaccinations by appointment only at its Health Department clinic location in Leesburg for those age 6 months and older who are unable to receive vaccine through a pediatrician or pharmacy. Call 703-777-0236 or send an email for more information
Current Vaccine Availability in Virginia
- View information on which COVID-19 vaccines are currently available in Virginia from the Virginia Department of Health.
Learn more about vaccine from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Virginia Department of Health.
Misplaced Your Vaccine Card?
For vaccine card replacement, use the Vaccination Record Request Portal to view and print a record of your COVID-19 vaccinations or call the Virginia Immunization Information System (VIIS) Help Desk at (866) 375-9795 between 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday for assistance.
View vaccine data for Loudoun County and Virginia.
About COVID-19 Vaccines
Learn about COVID-19 vaccines on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Vaccination is the best way to prevent COVID-19. Those unable to get vaccinated need to take COVID-19 precautions to prevent getting and spreading COVID-19 including:
- Covering your mouth and nose with a face covering when in public if you aren't fully vaccinated.
- Follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for wearing face coverings.
- Washing hands often and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Staying at least 6 feet away from others
- Staying home when sick
- Avoiding crowds of people, parties at peoples’ homes and other gatherings
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Avoid non-essential travel
Contact us with Questions
- Email the Loudoun County Health Department
- Call the Health Department at 703-777-0236
- Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except county holidays)
- Call the Virginia Department of Health’s COVID-19 hotline: 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682)
- Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.