COVID-19 Vaccine & Prevention
Find COVID-19 Vaccine
COVID-19 vaccine is available from many providers in Loudoun County including medical offices and pharmacies.
- Visit vaccines.gov or text your zip code to GETVAX (438829) to find available vaccination appointments at pharmacies and other locations near you.
- Visit vaccinate.virginia.gov to for more information about COVID-19 vaccination appointments in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
For Young Children
Pediatric and Family Practice Medical Offices - The best place for children to receive a vaccine is at their pediatrician’s office. Doctors and staff in these offices are accustomed to providing vaccine to very young children and are aware of any medical concerns and other special considerations for this age group.
Retail Pharmacies - Pharmacies may be a good option for children 3 and older. Parents and guardians should call first to check availability and the age groups that may be vaccinated in these locations. Pharmacists in Virginia are restricted by law from administering vaccine to children younger than 3 years old.
Loudoun County Health Department - Loudoun County is offering COVID-19 vaccinations by appointment only at its Health Department clinic location in Leesburg for those age 6 months and older who are unable to receive vaccine through a pediatrician or pharmacy. Call 703-737-8300 or send an email for more information
- View information on which COVID-19 vaccines are currently available in Virginia from the Virginia Department of Health.
Misplaced Your Vaccine Card?
For vaccine card replacement, use the Vaccination Record Request Portal to view and print a record of your COVID-19 vaccinations or call the Virginia Immunization Information System (VIIS) Help Desk at (866) 375-9795 between 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday for assistance.
About COVID-19 Vaccines
Loudoun County encourages you to take time to learn more about the benefits and safety of COVID-19 vaccines. The U.S. vaccine safety system ensures that all vaccines are as safe as possible.
- Benefits of getting vaccinated
- Read FAQs from VDH: Why get vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Different COVID-19 vaccine types
- How COVID-19 Vaccines Work
- How the FDA ensures vaccines work
- The FDA's Emergency Use Authorizations
- What to Expect after Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Learn more about ensuring COVID-19 vaccine safety in the United States.
- How will the COVID-19 vaccine's safety be monitored? (PDF)
- How was the COVID-19 vaccine developed, approved and manufactured? (PDF)
Receive COVID-19 updates from Loudoun County
Contact us with Questions