Phases 1a & 1b: COVID-19 Vaccine
Who Is Currently Eligible for Vaccine
- Phase 1a (PDF):comprised of health care workers and long-term care residents.
- Phase 1b (PDF): includes people aged 65 and over, those 16-65* with high risk health conditions, and front-line workers who are defined as essential to the functioning of society and are at higher risk of exposure to the virus. In addition, because there currently is not a sufficient supply of COVID-19 vaccine to vaccinate everyone in Phase 1b at the same time, the Health Department will reach out to members of the 1b group in the following order, which is required by VDH:
- Police, fire and hazmat workers
- Corrections and homeless shelter workers
- Child care/K-12 teachers/staff
- Food and agriculture workers (including veterinarians)
- Manufacturing workers
- Grocery store workers
- Public transit workers
- Mail carriers (USPS and private)
- Officials needed to maintain continuity of government (includes judges and public facing judicial workers)
*Please note that while the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has indicated that teens aged 16 to 18 who have underlying medical conditions are eligible, the Loudoun County Health Department is currently accepting pre-screening vaccination surveys from adults 18 and older because the Health Department’s supply of vaccine—Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine—is approved for only those 18 and older.
- Learn more about Virginia's COVID-19 vaccination response and vaccination priorities.
- Unsure which phase you fall under? Take this brief quiz from VDH to find out which phase of the vaccination campaign you fall in.
Receiving a Vaccine
The Health Department is coordinating vaccination events for law enforcement, fire and hazmat, corrections and homeless shelter workers, and public schools employees. There is no need for individuals working in these sectors to contact the Health Department to schedule appointments.
How to Sign Up to Receive a COVID-19 Vaccine
Receive Updates from Loudoun County
- Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19
- Sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19 in Notify Me, Blogs category
- Follow the Loudoun County Government Facebook Page and @LoudounCoGovt
Loudoun County Public Schools
Contact us with Questions
- Email the Health Department
- Call the information line: 703-737-8300
- Monday-Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.