Westwind Drive from Loudoun County Parkway to Old Ox Road
The project begins at the intersection of Westwind Drive and Loudoun County Parkway (Route 607) and extends south approximately 6,300 feet to the intersection of Ladbrook Drive and Old Ox Road (Route 606). This project will directly link the roadways between two Metrorail Silver Line stations, Loudoun Gateway Station and Ashburn Station, by connecting Loudoun County Parkway and Old Ox Road. This four-lane divided urban collector road will include construction of a new section of Westwind Drive from State Street to Ladbrook Drive in addition to other improvements along existing sections of Westwind Drive and Ladbrook Drive within the project limits. The project includes a new bridge over Broad Run. The project will also provide a sidewalk and shared use path that will extend for the full length of the project.
- The major elements for this project are as follows:
- New roadway (Westwind Drive) from State Street to Ladbrook Drive
- Improvements along the existing section of Westwind Drive from Loudoun County Parkway to State Street
- Improvements along the existing section of Ladbrook Road from the southern end of the new alignment to Old Ox Road
- New four-lane bridge over the Broad Run
- Utility relocations as needed
- Intersection improvements at the following four (4) intersections:
- Loudoun County Parkway and Westwind Drive
- Westwind Drive and State Street
- Westwind Drive and Ladbrook Drive
- Ladbrook Drive and Old Ox Road
- The project is funded with Federal, State (Smart Scale funding), Regional and Local Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (NVTA) funding, as well as general obligation bonds and local tax monies.
Current Status: October 2021
- Loudoun County completed survey and utility designation work.
- Preliminary environmental work has begun in compliance with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process.
- Design plans at 30% development were submitted to Business and Development (B&D) and the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) for review and comment.
- In the coming weeks, the design team will submit a traffic report to VDOT and review comments from the 30% design plans.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for this Westwind Drive project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Quarterly Report on Capital Improvement Projects (PDF)
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
If you have questions about this project, email Loudoun County staff or call 703-737-8624.
Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.