Westwind Drive from Loudoun County Parkway to Old Ox Road
The project begins at the intersection of Westwind Drive and Loudoun County Parkway (Route 607) and extends south approximately 6,300 feet to the intersection of Ladbrook Drive and Old Ox Road (Route 606). This project will directly link the roadways between two Metrorail Silver Line stations, Loudoun Gateway Station and Ashburn Station, by connecting Loudoun County Parkway and Old Ox Road. This four-lane divided urban collector road will include construction of a new section of Westwind Drive from State Street to Ladbrook Drive in addition to other improvements along existing sections of Westwind Drive and Ladbrook Drive within the project limits. The project includes a new bridge over Broad Run. The project will also provide a sidewalk and shared use path that will extend for the full length of the project.
- The major elements for this project are as follows:
- New roadway (Westwind Drive) from State Street to Ladbrook Drive
- Improvements along the existing section of Westwind Drive from Loudoun County Parkway to State Street
- Improvements along the existing section of Ladbrook Road from the southern end of the new alignment to Old Ox Road
- New four-lane bridge over the Broad Run
- Utility relocations as needed
- Intersection improvements at the following four (4) intersections:
- Loudoun County Parkway and Westwind Drive
- Westwind Drive and State Street
- Westwind Drive and Ladbrook Drive
- Ladbrook Drive and Old Ox Road
- The project is funded with Federal, State (Smart Scale funding), Local Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (NVTA) funding, as well as general obligation bonds and local tax monies.
Current Status: September 2022
- Design of the stormwater management strategy and recommended intersection alternatives at Westwind Drive/State Street and Westwind Drive/Ladbrook Road intersections continues.
- Geotechnical work for the bridge structure is underway.
- Environmental work continues in compliance with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process, including the development of the Environmental Assessment (EA) and coordination with the National Oceanic Atmospheric Association (NOAA).
- Right of way acquisition is estimated to start by late 2023. Construction is estimated to start in 2025.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for this Westwind Drive project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- If you have questions about this project, email Loudoun County staff or call
- EmailGlen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call