- Departments & Offices
- Transportation & Capital Infrastructure
- Projects, Studies & Plans
- Davis Drive Safety Study
Davis Drive (Route 868) Safety Study Public Information Meeting
Davis Drive (Route 868) Vehicular and Pedestrian Safety Study Public Information Meeting was held on February 23, 2021, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Welcome to Loudoun County’s Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure’s (DTCI) Public Information Meeting Site.
The purpose of this project is to conduct a vehicular and pedestrian safety study of Davis Drive (Route 868) from West Church Road (Route 625) to South Sterling Boulevard (Route 846), the intersection of Belfort Park Drive (Route 891) and Glenn Drive (864), and the missing sidewalk segment along Lindsay Cars Court (Route 775). The study will identify safety and traffic operational issues and present recommended solutions for consideration by the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors.
- Throughout the study the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) input was received and incorporated into the study and recommendations.
- The roadway is a major collector parallel to Route 28 which carries local and regional traffic north and south. This stretch of roadway includes a multitude of land uses including residential on the northern segment of the corridor and retail and commercial uses spread along the southern portion.
- County staff collected public input and comments on the report and recommendations related to the Davis Drive (Route 868) Vehicular and Pedestrian Safety Study during the public meeting and comment period.
Current Phase: Complete
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
Exhibits and Resources
- 7/6/2021 Board of Supervisors Business Meeting Action Item 8 (PDF)
- 2/23/2021 Davis Drive Safety Study Public Information Meeting Recording
- 2/23/2021 Davis Drive Safety Study Public Information Meetings Presentation (PDF)
- September 19, 2019 Board of Supervisors Business Meeting Action Item 10 (PDF)
The following items were referenced during the public information meeting:
- Davis Drive (Route 868) Safety Study Area Map Exhibit (PDF)
- Davis Drive (Route 868) Corridor Concept Exhibit (PDF)
- Davis Drive Vehicular and Pedestrian Safety Study - December 2020 Draft Report (PDF)
- Davis Drive Vehicular and Pedestrian Safety Study - December 2020 Draft Appendices (PDF)
Notice of Electronic Meeting: Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, this public meeting was conducted as an electronic meeting under the Continuity Ordinance readopted by the Board of Supervisors on October 14, 2020.