Dulles West Boulevard - Northstar Blvd. to Arcola Blvd.
- This project provides for the planning, design, right of way acquisition, and construction of a four-lane median divided roadway between Northstar Boulevard and Arcola Boulevard. This project is an extension of Dulles West Boulevard from Dulles Landing Drive (under construction by others) to the intersection of the extension of Northstar Boulevard which is currently under construction.
- The proposed roadway consists of a four-lane median divided facility with 10-foot-wide shared use paths on both sides of the road. The project will also include three signalized intersections at Stone Springs Blvd, Arcola Blvd (existing) and Northstar Blvd, in addition it will include utility relocations, two new stormwater facilities and two major culverts crossings.
- Coordination with the Northstar Boulevard: Evergreen Mills Road (formerly Shreveport Drive) to Route 50 project has begun and will continue throughout design and construction due to overlap with the Dulles West Boulevard project. More information is provided on the Northstar Boulevard: Evergreen Mills Road to Route 50 project page.
Current Phase: Right of Way and Utilities Relocation
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Winter 2023 - Summer 2024: Right of Way
- Winter 2023 - Summer 2024: Utilities Relocation
- Fall 2024: Procurement of Construction Contractor
- Summer 2025: Award Contract – Construction
- Summer 2025: Notice to Proceed – Construction
- Summer 2025 - Summer 2027: Construction
- Summer 2027: Substantial Completion
Stay Informed About This Project
- Loudoun County hosted a virtual public information meeting on April 29, 2021.
- Overview Plan Exhibit
- A Guide to Property Owners and Tenants
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.