Route 15 North-Montresor Road to Maryland State Line
Thank you for participating in the Route 15 North - Montresor Road to the Maryland State Line Comprehensive Plan Amendment (CPAM)
Public Information Meeting on June 23, 2021
Welcome to Loudoun County’s Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure’s (DTCI) Public Information Meeting site.
The segment of US Route 15 between Montresor Road (VA Route 661) and the Maryland state line is classified in the 2019 Countywide Transportation Plan (CTP) as a primary Arterial roadway and is part of the Journey Through Hallowed Ground National Scenic Byway.
In 2016, the Loudoun County initiated a Route 15 Congestion Study to identify the cause of recurring congestion on US Route 15 north of Leesburg, especially in the northbound direction during the afternoon and evening peak periods. The Route 15 Congestion Report Findings were presented to the Board of Supervisors at the May 18, 2017 Business Meeting. The report concluded that additional capacity was needed along the corridor. At the Board’s direction, the report was then expanded to include a Safety and Operations Analysis of Route 15 from Whites Ferry Road to the Maryland state line.
On March 6, 2018, a Comprehensive Plan Amendment (CPAM-2017-0002) was approved to amend the 2010 CTP to revise the planned ultimate condition of the segment of US Route 15 between North King Street and Montresor Road from a two-lane local access undivided rural arterial roadway to a four-lane median divided roadway. For more information visit the Route 15 North Widening – Battlefield Parkway to Montresor Road project page.
Loudoun County has initiated a Comprehensive Plan Amendment (CPAM) to revise the planned ultimate condition of Route 15 North of Montresor to the Maryland state line and is seeking feedback from the public. To stay informed about the Route 15 North - Montresor Road to the Maryland State Line Comprehensive Plan Amendment (CPAM), visit the CPAM page.
- Current Countywide Transportation Plan Map - Route 15 North of Leesburg
- Route 15 North CPAM Overview Map June 2021 Draft
- Cross Section - Montresor to South of Lucketts Bypass & Bypass South of Lucketts
- Cross Section - Route 15 North of Lucketts to St. Clair Lane & Bypass North of Lucketts
- Cross Section - Route 15 Business Through Lucketts
- Cross Section - Route 15 St. Clair Lane to Point of Rocks Bridge
- Lucketts Potential Bypass East June 2021 Draft
- Lucketts Potential Bypass West June 2021 Draft
- Public Meeting and Comment Period Questions and Answers
- June 23, 2021 Public Information Meeting Recording
- June 23, 2021 Public Information Meeting PowerPoint Presentation
- Route 15 Congestion Report
- Route 15 North CPAM - Village of Lucketts Bypass Survey (PDF)
- 2019 Countywide Transportation Plan
- Copy Teste - Comprehensive Plan Amendment (CPAM-2017-0002)