Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)
For Immediate Help
- Call 9-1-1 for help in case of an emergency.
- Call Loudoun County’s Domestic and Sexual Violence hotline 24 hours a day, every day: 703-777-6552.
Loudoun County’s Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) is a collaborative community effort organized by the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney as required by Virginia Code Section 15.2-1627.4. This multidisciplinary response to sexual violence offers collaborative community integrated resources to improve how we respond to criminal sexual violence. SART provides an opportunity for community stakeholders to improving the education about sexual violence, the resources for victims’ care, the prosecution of cases, and the prevention of sexual assault cases.
Loudoun SART Partner Agencies
Along with the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney, these community stakeholders make up the SART Planning Group which meets monthly to facilitate the planning and implementation of SART objectives as discussed in the annual SART meeting.
- Loudoun County Victim Witness Program
- Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office
- Leesburg Police Department
- LAWS Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services
- Purcellville Police Department
- INOVA Ewing Forensic Assessment And Consultation Team Department
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- Metro Transit Police Department
The SART meets on a monthly basis in addition, a community meeting is held annually where the public can participate. The community meeting will take place in July 2022. Details for the community meeting will be posted in June.
During Sexual Assault Awareness Month in April 2022, SART brought the Ask Angela Campaign to Loudoun County. The team started its pilot program in Leesburg with the objective to expand this campaign throughout Loudoun County.