About the Zoning Ordinance Rewrite
- The Zoning Ordinance, together with the Official Zoning Map, regulates land use in Loudoun County and promotes orderly growth, development, and redevelopment, as well as the health, safety, and general welfare of the public.
- The Zoning Ordinance is the primary implementation tool for the 2019 Comprehensive Plan, in particular its components, the General Plan and the Countywide Transportation Plan.
- The Zoning Ordinance is a regulatory document with legal requirements, and the 2019 Comprehensive Plan is a policy document that provides guidance for elected officials and other governmental decision-makers as to where and how the community will grow long term.
- A number of stand-alone Zoning Ordinance Amendments are being processed separately from the Zoning Ordinance Rewrite project. When the Board of Supervisors adopts those amendments, the adopted text will be rolled into the draft Zoning Ordinance.
- Submit comments on the Zoning Ordinance Rewrite.
The main focus areas of the Zoning Ordinance Rewrite include: