W&OD At-Grade Crossing Improvements
- This project provides funding for various improvements at several Washington and Old Dominion (W&OD) trail crossings spanning the length of the W&OD trail within the unincorporated areas of the County and the Town of Purcellville, including crossings at:
- Ashburn Road
- Hirst Road (in the Town of Purcellville)
- Smith Switch Road
- North Hatcher Avenue (in the Town of Purcellville)
- Dry Mill Road near Route 9
- Hamilton Station Road
- Cochran Mill Road
- Ivandale Road
- Improvements may include the realignment of trail crossings, the construction of median refuge islands, the installation of flashing warning signs, tree trimming and clearing, and the restriction of parking.
- Funding for this project includes local tax funding, cash proffers and federal grants.
Current Phase: Design
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Fall 2020 - Fall 2022: Design
- Winter 2023 - August 2023: Right of Way
- Summer 2023 - Fall 2023: Utilities Relocation
- Winter 2024 - Summer 2024: Procurement of Construction Contractor
- Summer 2024: Award Contract – Construction
- Winter 2025: Notice to Proceed – Construction
- Winter 2025 - Fall 2025: Construction
- Fall 2025: Substantial Completion
Stay Informed About This Project
The blog provides project updates to subscribers, including phase and milestone information.
- View all updates for the W&OD Trail Crossing Improvements project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Overview of Locations:
- Specific Crossing Locations:
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staffor call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officeror call 703-771-5086.