- Departments & Offices
- Courts & Judicial Services
- Juvenile Court Service Unit
- Youth & Family Resource Center
Youth & Family Resource Center
Many families with teenagers face behavioral challenges, including issues at home, in the community, and with peers. To help families address these challenges, the Youth and Family Resource Center provides support to Loudoun youth ages 11-17 and their families. The center connects families to county and community programs and services that can help.
Who Can Request Help
Families can request help at any time by completing the Get Started steps outlined below; this is called a “self-referral.”
What to Expect
- When families come to the center, they meet with a Resource Center Liaison for a brief informational screening, which takes about 90 minutes.
- The liaison then works with the family to develop an action plan based on the information gathered. This plan may include referrals to specific services and programs to support the family and help youth overcome those challenges.
- After the initial meeting, the liaison follows up by phone and text with the family and the referring entity to see how the plan is working and see if further assistance is needed.
The Youth and Family Resource Center is open to Loudoun youth ages 11-17 and their families.
Families should complete the steps below to request a screening. If the family is referred to Youth and Family Resource Center by another agency, families should work with their referral source to complete the steps below.
Step 1: Complete a Referral Form
Complete a Referral Form to help us understand your specific needs.
Step 2: Complete the Family Screening Tool
Complete the Family Screening Tool to help us learn more about you.
Step 3: Schedule an In-Person Interview
After completing the Referral Form and Family Screening Tool, a member of our team will contact you to schedule an in-person interview at the Youth and Family Resource Center. Or, contact us at 571-367-8450 to schedule an appointment.
Location and Hours
The Youth and Family Resource Center is part of the Youth Services Center located at:
42055 Gourley Transit Drive
Leesburg, Virginia 20175
The Youth and Family Resource Center will be open Monday - Thursday between 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For More Information
Contact us at 571-367-8450.