Copy Request

Record Requests

Records held by the Circuit Court Clerk's Office are public record. There are some case files which are confidential in nature and others that may be sealed by the judge. These are not available for public inspection.

You may request copies either in person, over the phone, or by mail at the address provided below. Payment must be provided before the copies will be delivered. If submitting a request by mail, you must provide a self-addressed stamped envelope large enough to accommodate the amount of copies you are requesting. If requesting copies by mail, please submit your request by filling out the Copy Request Form (PDF), along with the copy fee, via check or money order, made payable to "Clerk of Circuit Court." Requests will be filled as soon as possible.

Case files that are not sealed can be viewed on the public computers located on the 4th floor of the Courthouse directly across from the elevators. Copies may be printed from the computers and paid for at the Civil Division Counter. 


Copies are $0.50 cents per page, with an additional charge of $2 if you want the document certified. (In accordance with VA Code §17.1-275.)

Triple Seal Fees

The fees for a triple seal are $2.50, with a charge of $2 for the additional certification, and $0.50 cents per page.

Recently Signed Orders

Please note that the Clerk of the Circuit Court will not automatically mail out copies of orders. Parties are entitled to one free certified copy of a final decree/order; however, a self-addressed stamped envelope must be provided for us to mail the copy. All other copies of orders must be requested and paid for after the order is signed, as the Clerk's Office cannot hold on to checks (In accordance with VA Code §17.1-275.)

Adoption Cases

All adoption cases are confidential. Pursuant to VA Code §63.2-1245, adoption records are only available to attorneys of record, social services offices and court officials.

If you need to obtain a copy of an adoption record, you must submit your request in writing to the Clerk's Office. You must state your reasons for the copies. Your request will then be forwarded to a judge of this court for approval. You will be contacted once a judge has made a ruling.