"I Hate You!" These are words you never dreamed you'd hear from your own child. You are not alone. There is help. Are you experiencing any of the following extreme behavior problems with your teen? The Loudoun Family Connections program will give you the tools to take charge of your home again.
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Failing grades
- Running away
- Severe disrespect
- Suicidal thoughts
Program Start & Structure
You and your teen start the program by participating in a seven-week, multi-family group called "Managing Your Difficult Teen." Managing Your Difficult Teen is a step-by-step roadmap that will help you establish authority and reclaim love. Concrete strategies that have proven results are taught by professional counselors and volunteers. The success of the program is due in part to the parent and teen volunteers who can offer support from their own experiences. Learn more about how professional counselors and experienced volunteers can help you. Getting enrolled in the class is easy as 1, 2, 3!
Steps to Getting Involved
Complete the following four easy steps to find out if Family Connections is a good fit for your family.
- Step 1: Determine if your teen is having the types of problems that Managing Your Difficult Teen addresses.
- Step 2: Find out what happens in each class.
- Step 3: Register for the class by filling out our online application form.
Family Connections is only offered to Loudoun County residents. A one-time fee of $60 pays for:
- Individual family counseling, if desired
- The seven-week Managing Your Difficult Teen program
- Voluntary participation in the Alumni Group (graduates of the program sharing experience and providing support)
To register and get more information, call 703-771-5967 or email Omega Smith.