Posted on May 1, 2020 at 5:05 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun County Update
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Loudoun County Public Library (LCPL) is assisting front-line health workers and first responders in the county by manufacturing face shields using 3D printers. These face shields will be distributed through the county's Emergency Operations Center. LCPL expects to produce 1,000 to 1,200 face shields per week utilizing the Makerspace equipment at its Brambleton, Gum Spring, Rust and Sterling branches. Read the news release.
- Loudoun County Public Library librarian Myisha Fuller from Rust Library leads an easy-to-follow tutorial demonstrating how to sew a face mask. Watch the YouTube video.
- New Dates Added! Virtual Coffee with a Career Counselor: If you're wondering whether you should continue or even begin your job search during the coronavirus pandemic, the answer is YES! Join one of the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center's GoToMeeting sessions for an overview of the current job market, resume tips and a Q&A discussion. Each session will be facilitated by Ms. Stephanie Wolo, Employment Coach:
- Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Register online.
- Determining when to go to the hospital or seek medical care can be a challenge, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic. You may find yourself afraid to go, even when it's necessary. Now more than ever, it is important to keep yourself healthy. Keeping yourself healthy means addressing health problems as they arise. Read today's post for details: Don't Put Off Urgent Medical Care.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #