The original item was published from May 29, 2020 5:05 PM to June 4, 2020 2:12 PM
Loudoun County Update
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Loudoun PRCS Athletic Fields Available for Limited Use; County Postpones Start of Licensed Summer Camp: As Loudoun County enters Phase One of the Forward Virginia reopening plan, the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is outlining a process for a limited use of the county's athletic fields by the public. At the same time, PRCS is postponing the start of licensed, weekly summer camp until July 6, 2020, or later. Families registered in camp FEST and DAZE camp sessions scheduled to run before July 6 will receive a refund. Refund notices will be emailed directly to registered households starting the week of June 1, 2020. Read the news release.
- Practicing Your Faith and Staying Safe: Attending Worship Services during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Members of faith communities in Loudoun will find many of their traditions and practices dramatically changed as they resume in-person worship. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the experience of going to church, the synagogue or the mosque will be distinctly different from what it was prior to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus. Read the post to learn more about what to expect.
- Guide to Face Coverings: We all play a role in slowing the spread of coronavirus in our community. Wearing cloth face coverings that cover your nose and mouth and keeping a safe distance, 6 feet or more, from others are two ways to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Read the post to get the details.
- Reminder - Loudoun County to Hold Free COVID-19 Testing for All Ages June 1, 2020: This free, drive-through testing for COVID-19 will take place at Philip A. Bolen Memorial Park in Leesburg, Monday, June 1, 2020, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Testing will end when the site reaches capacity or by 6:00 p.m. No appointments are necessary. To help reduce wait times, people who plan to attend Monday's event are strongly encouraged to complete a registration form for each person who will be receiving a test prior to arriving at the testing site. The fillable form is posted online in English (PDF) and in Spanish (PDF) and may be filled out and printed in advance of the testing event. Read more details in the news release.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #