The original item was published from June 23, 2020 4:55 PM to June 25, 2020 2:21 PM
Loudoun COVID-19 Data Update
Loudoun County Update
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Loudoun County: 3,632
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun (PCR test only): 7.9%
- Number of people hospitalized in Loudoun: 255
- Total number of COVID-19 deaths in Loudoun County: 84
- View more COVID-19 data in Loudoun and Virginia
- Governor Northam Announces Virginia Moving into Phase 3 July 1
Governor Ralph Northam announced today that Virginia--including Northern Virginia--will move into the third phase of the state’s gradual reopening from COVID-19 Wednesday, July 1, 2020. While Phase 3 will ease some restrictions currently in place, the governor stressed the importance of continuing the steps people have taken to slow the spread of the virus, such as wearing face coverings in public spaces and practicing social distancing.
- Drawing Held for COVID-19 Business Interruption Fund Round 3
A random drawing was held today to determine which Loudoun businesses will receive funding from Round 3 of the COVID-19 Business Interruption Fund. The Board of Supervisors approved an additional $2 million for the fund, which was created to support Loudoun businesses impacted by COVID-19. The grants are part of the $36.1 million in federal funding made available to the county through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The 400 businesses selected today in the random drawing will each receive a $5,000 grant. A complete list of recipients will be posted here.
- Thinking of Going to the Beach? Loudoun Officials Urge Caution
There have been a number of COVID-19 "hot spots" emerging at beach popular beach destinations in our region. Parents of teens participating in senior beach week or other group gatherings should be particular aware of the necessary precautions. If you’re planning a beach trip, there are steps you should take to keep your family safe and to prevent the spread of the virus from region to region:
- Stay home if you have COVID-19 symptoms, have been diagnosed with the virus or are waiting to get results. And you should stay home and monitor your health if you’ve been exposed to someone with the virus within the last 14 days.
- Know the rules: call ahead or visit the local government website for the area you plan to visit. Current rules differ in various states, and can vary even from county to county and beach to beach. States or localities may require face coverings, limit the number of people who can gather on the beach, restrict beach access during certain hours, or limit access to parking and amenities.
- At the beach, stay with your family group, and keep 6 feet away from others on the beach or in the water.
- Read more of the county's cautions for beach trips in our earlier post.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates
for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #