The Loudoun County government is working with Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS) to administer the Virginia Rent and Mortgage Relief Program (RMRP) for Loudoun County households experiencing financial instability due to COVID-19.
Governor Ralph Northam launched RMRP this week, which will provide $50 million in federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act funding for Virginia households facing eviction or foreclosure due to COVID-19. RMRP will provide short-term financial assistance on behalf of households in the form of rent and mortgage payments. Loudoun County has received $450,000, which will be administered by NVFS with support from Loudoun County’s Information and Referral (I&R) program.
To be eligible, Loudoun County renters and homeowners must meet the following criteria:
Have a valid lease in their name or other documentation confirming the landlord-tenant relationship, or a mortgage statement in their name;
- Have experienced a loss of income due to the coronavirus pandemic;
- Have a rent or mortgage amount that is at or below 150 percent Fair Market Rate ($2,560.50 for a two-bedroom unit); and
- Have a gross household income at or below 80 percent of area median income (AMI) based on current month’s income ($79,600 for a household of four).
Applicants will be required to provide documentation showing proof of income as well as a valid lease or mortgage statement or other documentation confirming the landlord-tenant relationship. Financial assistance is a one-time payment with opportunity for renewal based on availability of funding and the household’s need for additional assistance and continued eligibility.
For more information, please call Loudoun County’s I&R program at 703-777-0420. This process requires a referral from I&R to NVFS. Once referred, NVFS will assist you in the application process.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Opt in to receive text messages:
- English: Text LCCOVID19 to 888777
- Spanish: Text LCCOVIDESP to 88877
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email.
# # #