The original item was published from August 27, 2020 12:49 PM to September 2, 2020 10:32 AM
The Loudoun County Department of Family Services (DFS) has expanded in-person services at two locations, the Eastern Family Services Center and the Workforce Resource Center, with the following COVID-19 prevention measures in place for visitors:
The Eastern Family Services Center,
- Face coverings are required; if you do not have one, a face covering will be provided to you.
- Stay 6 feet apart from others.
21641 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling, is now offering in-person services, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Reception area capacity is limited to one individual at any given time; limit the number of individuals in your party to the extent possible.
The Workforce Resource Center,
102 Heritage Way, NE, Leesburg (first floor, rear entrance), is now offering limited in-person services by appointment only, Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and Tuesday/Thursday, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. To schedule an appointment, please call 703-777-0150.
Additionally, staff continue to provide virtual support:
- To apply for limited rent assistance, visit loudoun.gov/lra or call Information and Referral at 703-777-0420.
- To explore virtual job and career resources, including events and workshops, visit loudoun.gov/wrc.
- To apply for public assistance, such as Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, LTC, Childcare Subsidy, visit commonhelp.virginia.gov or call 1-855-635-4370.
- For questions about your public assistance case, contact your public assistance eligibility worker. Documents can be emailed to [email protected].
- For help finding childcare, visit vachildcare.com, call 1-866-KIDS-TLC or email.
- To apply for unemployment benefits, visit vec.virginia.gov or call 1-866-832-2363.
- If you need to report a case or abuse or neglect, please contact:
- Adult Protective Services hotline at 703-777-0437
- Child Protective Services hotline at 703-771-5437
- Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter (LAWS) 24-Hour Crisis Hotline at 703-777-6552
In addition to wearing a face covering and practicing social distancing in public spaces, Loudoun County encourages everyone in the community to take steps to limit the spread of COVID-19, which include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Stay home when you are sick.
Avoid contact with sick people.
Avoid non-essential travel.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Opt in to receive text messages:
- English: Text LCCOVID19 to 888777
- Spanish: Text LCCOVIDESP to 88877
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email
# # #