Posted on September 2, 2020 at 10:32 AM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun COVID-19 Data Update
Loudoun County Update
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Loudoun County: 5,787
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun (PCR test only): 5.5%
- Number of people hospitalized in Loudoun (cumulative): 370
- Total number of COVID-19 deaths in Loudoun County: 117
- View more COVID-19 data in Loudoun and Virginia
- Take COVID-19 into Account in Preparedness Planning - September is National Preparedness Month: The ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact of Hurricane Laura on the Gulf Coast serve as reminders to Loudoun County residents and businesses to take time to prepare for all types of emergencies in September, which is recognized as National Preparedness Month. Learn more about the steps you can take to prepare.
- How to Select, Wear, and Clean Your Mask: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that you wear masks in public settings around people who don't live in your household and when you can't stay 6 feet away from others. Masks help stop the spread of COVID-19 to others. Explore the new CDC webpage for additional guidance on masks.
- Considerations for People with Moderate to Severe Asthma: The CDC provides information for people with moderate to severe asthma based on what we currently know about the spread and severity of COVID-19. People with moderate to severe asthma may be at higher risk of getting very sick from COVID-19. COVID-19 can affect your nose, throat, lungs (respiratory tract); cause an asthma attack; and possibly lead to pneumonia and acute respiratory disease. Read more on the CDC website.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #