Posted on January 5, 2021 at 4:46 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 14,786 (up 217 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 16.7% (up 0.1% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 654 (no change since last report)
- Total Deaths: 161 (no change since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 3,969 | Virginia: 104,083
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- Using Gyms, Fitness Centers or Studios: Exercise is important for physical and mental health and should be continued for healthy living, especially during the coronavirus crisis. However, you should take precautions to make you less likely to get or spread COVID-19. Per Virginia Governor Ralph Northam's Executive Order Seventy-Two and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Keep at least 10 feet away from other people and wear a face covering over your nose and mouth.
- Select a facility that requires all staff and attendees to wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose at all times.
- Select a facility that limits occupancy to 75 percent of the lowest occupancy load.
- Limit high-intensity activities to the outdoors.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, before and after using machines.
- Fight Flu in the New Year: Get a head start on your 2021 health goals by getting your flu vaccine. Flu vaccine prevents millions of illnesses each year and is more important than ever during the pandemic. Find a flu vaccine provider near you at vaccinefinder.org.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #