Posted on April 12, 2021 at 1:57 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Last report 04/07/[email protected]:13 p.m.
COVID-19 Cases Data
COVID-19 Vaccine Data
- Total Cases: 25,897 (up 103 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 7.4% (down 0.1% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 963 (up 3 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 273 (unchanged since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria and Other Key Measures
Loudoun County Update
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 190,287 (up 4,772 since last report) I Virginia: 4,414,376 (up 69,406 since last report)
- Loudoun County Residents Fully Vaccinated: 65,832 (up 1,930 since last report)
- Vaccine First Doses Received Over Last 7 Days: Loudoun: 16,730 (unchanged since last report) | Virginia: 339,520 (unchanged since last report)
- Loudoun’s COVID-19 Vaccine Data Dashboard
- Virginia’s COVID-19 Vaccine Summary
All Loudoun County News
- Residents 16 and Older Encouraged to Pre-Register for Vaccine Now: As Loudoun County prepares to enter Phase 2 of our COVID-19 vaccination efforts, the Health Department is encouraging all Loudoun County residents who are 16 years and older and who have not yet pre-registered for the vaccine online or by phone to do so now in preparation for Phase 2 of the county’s vaccination efforts. As we reported in our earlier blog post, some key things to know are:
- Anyone who lives or works in Virginia can pre-register for a COVID-19 vaccine in one of two ways:
- Online: Visit vaccinate.virginia.gov. The fastest method for receiving a vaccination appointment is to include a unique email address in separate pre-registration forms for each individual who will receive a vaccine.
- Phone: Individuals who do not have access to the internet can pre-register by calling 1-877-829-4682.
- Loudoun County will join all health districts in Virginia in advancing to Phase 2 of the vaccination plan no later than April 18, 2021. Everyone age 16 years and older is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine in Phase 2 of Virginia’s vaccination plan. Please note that anyone under 18 receiving the vaccine must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at their vaccination appointment.
- Currently, for people in the Phase 1a, 1b and 1c priority groups, the time between pre-registration and receiving an invitation to make a vaccination appointment has been shortened to a few days.
- Read the complete news release.
- Loudoun Innovation Challenge: COVID-19 has prompted innovations in many areas, including the world of small business. The Loudoun County Economic Development Authority has announced the dates for the 2021 Loudoun Innovation Challenge, a competition for entrepreneurs seeking to take their business to the next level. The authority has dedicated $150,000 in funding, dividing it among a total of six grants to be awarded to the winners. All successful applicants will be for-profit businesses already located in or willing to invest in Loudoun County. Find out more in this news release from the Loudoun Department of Economic Development.
- COVID-19 Testing: Loudoun County continues to offer free COVID-19 testing weekly, on Tuesdays throughout April. Our COVID-19 testing webpage, loudoun.gov/covid19testing, also includes resources to help you find other COVID-19 testing opportunities in the area.
- More Information:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19