Service Changes for Loudoun County Transit
Loudoun Park and Ride Lot and Bus Service Adjustment – Beginning December 5, 2022
On December 5, 2022, the Dulles North Transit Center will close, and services will be moved to the new Dulles Transit Center Park and Ride lot located at 23200 Pacific Boulevard, Sterling, Va. The new Dulles Transit Center lot provides 1,167 total parking spaces, 23 accessible parking spaces that comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, three bus bays, bus shelters with benches, and bicycle lockers.
The opening of the new lot and closing of the old lot will have the following impacts for bus passengers and commuters:
- All Park and Ride lot services, such as free parking and bus service, will no longer be provided at the Dulles North Transit Center. Directional signage at the lot will inform passengers about the closures and alternative service locations, like those found at loudoun.gov/parkandridelots.
- All bus routes previously serving passengers at the Dulles North Transit Center, including Routes 481, 482, 484, 486, 881, 882, 884, and 886, will now serve passengers at the new Dulles Transit Center.
- View the new Commuter Bus schedule (PDF) for details.
- Bus shelter assignments for a.m. departures from the Dulles Transit Center are as follows:
Christmas Holiday Bus Service - December 23 through 26, 2022
In observance of the Christmas Holiday, Loudoun County Transit has made the following bus service changes from December 23 through 26, 2022, as follows:
- On Friday, December 23, 2022, the Loudoun County Courthouse Shuttle from the Pennington Garage and Lot to the Courthouse will not run.
- On Saturday, December 24, 2022, there will be no changes to bus service.
- On Sunday, December 25, 2022, the Safety Ride will not run.
- On Monday, December 26, 2022:
New Year Holiday Bus Service – December 30, 2021 through January 2, 2023
In observance of the New Year Holiday, Loudoun County Transit has made the following bus service changes from Saturday, December 31, 2022, through Monday, January 2, 2023, as follows:
- On Saturday, December 31, 2022, there will be no changes to bus service.
- On Sunday, January 1, 2023, the Safety Ride will not run.
- On Monday, January 2, 2023:
New Silver Line Bus Service – Routes Began November 16, 2022
On Wednesday, November 16, 2022, Loudoun County Transit began to phase-in Silver Line Bus Service. Twenty-one new Silver Line bus routes provide weekday service to and from 156 convenient local stops, including Loudoun County Park and Ride Lots and Silver Line Metrorail Stations.
Due to a nationwide bus driver shortage, the county will initially provide Silver Line bus services on limited schedules. As a result, some routes will be served by temporary vans instead of the county’s standard transit buses. Initially, the new Routes 331, 332, 341, 342, 343, 344, 351, 373, 374, and 375 will be serviced by a Loudoun County Transit van.
In addition, the county’s contractor, Keolis, has indicated a potential for a driver strike in the coming weeks. If a strike occurs, the county’s bus services could be further impacted. Any changes to the county’s bus services will be announced as quickly as possible.
- Silver Line bus routes and schedules are provided at loudoun.gov/silverlinebusroutes.
- View the Silver Line bus service news release.
Bus passengers are advised to check this page frequently for Silver Line bus service changes and updates.
Free Silver Line Bus Fares Until January 3, 2023
Bus fare collections are waived on the Silver Line bus routes, including the accompanying paratransit Services, through January 2, 2023. Paratransit bus service that offers ADA-accessible buses will also have a waived fee within three quarters of a mile of the new routes through January 2, 2023. The collection of fares on the Silver Line bus routes will resume on January 3, 2023.
Local and Metro Connection Bus Service Change
Routes 72, 84, 87X, 88X, 901/902, 923/924, 925/926/927, 931/932, 985, and 990/992 are canceled and have been replaced by Silver Line bus routes. All remaining Local bus routes will operate on a regular schedule. The following Silver Line bus route information is provided to assist passengers with replacing canceled routes:
- Route 72 passengers are advised to view the new Route 320/321 schedule (PDF) for stops at Ashburn and Innovation Center Metrorail Stations, George Washington University, and One Loudoun.
- Route 84 passengers are advised to view the new Route 322 schedule (PDF) for stops at Innovation Center Metrorail Station and Dulles Town Center Park and Ride.
- Route 87X passengers are advised to view the new Routes 320/321 schedule (PDF) for stops at Innovation Center Metrorail Station and the Dulles Town Center Park and Ride.
- Route 88X passengers are advised to view the following new schedules:
- Routes 901/902 passengers are advised to view the new Route 312 schedule (PDF) for stops at Reston Town Center Metro Station.
- Routes 923/924 and 925/926/927 passengers are advised to select routes that include stops at the Ashburn and Loudoun Gateway Metrorail Stations from those listed at loudoun.gov/silverlinebusroutes and to review the park and ride lot closure information below.
- Routes 931/932 passengers are advised to view the new Route 391 schedule (PDF) for stops at Ashburn Metrorail Station.
- Route 985 passengers are advised to view the new Route 323 schedule (PDF) for stops at the Loudoun Gateway Metrorail Station.
- Routes 990/992 passengers are advised to view the new Route 333 schedule (PDF) for stops at Loudoun Gateway Metrorail Station.
Service Change Notifications
- All riders should monitor this web page, loudoun.gov/buschanges, after 4:00 a.m. for possible unexpected service changes. A voice mail message at 703-771-5665 also will be updated should any service changes occur.
- To receive Loudoun County Transit notifications, download Transit app for free on Google Play or the Apple Store. After download, set your favorite routes to begin receiving notifications for the buses you ride. For more information, visit loudoun.gov/transitapp.
Comments regarding any suggested route, stop or schedule changes are welcomed and should be emailed to Transit Comments. Commuters may also contact us by phone at 877-465-2287 or 703-771-5665. A customer service representative is available to speak to callers Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please be aware that the Department of Transportation & Capital Infrastructure (DTCI), which includes Loudoun County Transit, will close at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 22, 2021, and remain closed until 8:30 a.m. on Monday, December 27, 2021. We will also close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 30, 2022, and remain closed until 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, January 3, 2023. Loudoun County Transit service representatives will respond to inquiries received during the closures when the office reopens.