Service Changes for Loudoun County Transit
Local and Metro Connection Service Bus Changes – August 10, 2020
Beginning Monday, August 10, 2020, Local Bus Route 81, and Metro Connection Bus Routes 901 and 902 will no longer stop at the Broad Run Farms bus stop due to the permanent closure of the Broad Run Farms Park and Ride Lot on Friday, August 7, 2020. To locate a Park and Ride lot near you, visit loudoun.gov/parkandridelots.
Local Fixed Route Bus Service – Route 81
View the Route 81 schedule for service changes beginning Monday, August 10, 2020:
An alternative bus stop location for Route 81 customers is located on Winding Road in the Village at Potomac Falls Apartments in Sterling, VA.
Metro Connection Bus Service – Routes 901 and 902
View the Routes 901 and 902 schedules for service changes beginning Monday, August 10, 2020:
An alternative bus stop location for Routes 901 and 902 customers who do not park in the Broad Run Farms Park and Ride Lot is located on Winding Road in the Village at Potomac Falls Apartments in Sterling, VA.
Options for Routes 901 and 902 customers who park in the Broad Run Farms Park and Ride Lot include:
- Parking at other Park and Ride Lots serviced by Routes 901 and 902, such as Cascades, Our Lady of Hope and Lowes Island (front and back lot).
- Parking in the Dulles Town Center Park and Ride Lot and riding Local Fixed Route 84 or Metro Connection Route 87 to and from the Wiehle-Reston Metrorail Station.
Ongoing Impacts to Bus Service
Customer Information Regarding COVID-19
Metrorail Platform Improvement Project
Metrorail’s Platform Improvement Project impacts Loudoun County commuters and Metrorail riders during the summer 2020. Beginning March 23, 2020, the project closed all Orange and Silver Line Metrorail Stations west of Ballston and suspended Silver Line service. Learn more about the project on the Metrorail Platform Improvement Project page.
Current Bus Service Changes
Complementary paratransit bus services are provided in Loudoun County during the same days and hours as the local fixed routes.
- Route 57: Leesburg Fixed Routes (Village at Leesburg) - The bus stop located at the Arby’s in the Marketplace at Potomac Station has moved to the adjacent BB&T on Potomac Station Drive and a stop has been added at Caliber Collision, 4 Cardinal Park Drive, SE, Leesburg, VA. These changes will last until the completion of road construction at Route 7 and Battlefield Parkway. View the Route 7 at Battlefield Parkway page on Virginia Department of Transportation’s web site for more information.
- Route 72: Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail station to and from George Washington University, One Loudoun and the Ashburn North Park and Ride – Service has been reduced to four trips in the morning and seven trips in the afternoon.
- Route 88X: Dulles South/East Gate and from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station - Morning and afternoon service has been reduced to four trips.
- Routes 901/902: Potomac Falls to and from the Ballston Metrorail Station - Morning and afternoon service has been reduced to three trips. This route is temporarily providing service to Ballston Metrorail Station instead of the West Falls Church Metrorail Station due to Metrorail’s Platform Improvement Project.
- Routes 921/922: Harmony and Leesburg Park and Ride lots to and from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station - Service has been suspended until further notice. No buses will run.
- Routes 923/924: Goose Creek Village/Broadlands to and from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station - Service has been reduced to 5 trips in the morning and 4 trips in the afternoon.
- Routes 925/926: Loudoun Station to and from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station - Morning and afternoon service has been reduced to six trips.
- Routes 990/992: Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail station to and from employment sites in Loudoun County, on Loudoun County Parkway and Pacific Boulevard – Morning and afternoon service has been reduced to four trips.
- Routes 993/994: Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail station to and from the Loudoun County Government Center - Service has been suspended until further notice. No buses will run.
Reduced Commuter Bus Service from Loudoun County to Crystal City, the Pentagon, Rosslyn and Washington, D.C. resumed on Monday, July 13, 2020. All Routes and schedules are new. Read the following summary, or view the Reduced Commuter Bus Service Schedule (PDF) for details:
- Routes 481 (a.m.) and 881 (p.m.) provide service between Loudoun County and Washington, D.C.
- Routes 482 (a.m.) and 882 (p.m.) provide service between Loudoun County, Rosslyn, the Pentagon and Crystal City.
- All routes only provide service to and from the Leesburg Park and Ride on Sycolin Road and the Dulles North Transit Center.
- There is no service to the Navy Yard Metrorail Station, the Waterfront Metrorail Station, H Street and 9th Street.
- Routes depart every 15 to 30 minutes.
All riders should monitor this web page, loudoun.gov/buschanges, after 4:00 a.m. for possible unexpected service changes. A voice mail message at 703-771-5665 also will be updated should any service changes occur.
Send Your Comments
Comments regarding any suggested route, stop or schedule changes are welcomed and should be emailed to Transit Comments. Commuters may also contact us by phone at 877-465-2287 or 703-771-5665. A customer service representative is available to speak to callers Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.