Taxpayers who are current on all of their Loudoun County taxes, may choose to make a prepayment of their future tax payments prior to receiving their bills for upcoming years. If you would like to prepay your taxes simply write your ACCOUNT NUMBER
on your check along with "PREPAYMENT OF TAX"
on the memo line and drop off at one of our offices no later than Friday December 29, 2017.
If you would like to pay by credit card or cash, you must come into the office and explicitly identify that you are prepaying your property taxes. Payments will be processed as of the receipt date of the payment.
- Taxpayers may prepay Loudoun County taxes at any time
- Taxpayer must come to one of our offices to pay by check, cash or credit card or mail check to County of Loudoun, PO Box 347, Leesburg VA 20175-0347
- Check must be clearly marked "PREPAYMENT OF TAX" in the memo line
- Any payments dropped off must include a contact name and phone number in the event there are questions
- Tax payers may request a receipt for their payment and it will reflect the date the payment was received in our office, or the envelop was postmarked, whichever is earlier
- Prepayment of taxes must be paied directly to County of Loudoun, regardless of your participation with any escrow service through your mortgage company. You will be responsible for working with your mortgage company on any escrow changes in thee future
Any questions on your Virginia or federal tax returns and the implication of prepaying property tax should be addressed with your tax advisor. Should you have any questions please contact our office at 703-777-0280 or email us at [email protected]