Loudoun County Treasurer H. Roger Zurn Jr. reminds taxpayers that the deadline for payment of the first half real property tax is Wednesday, June 5, 2019. Payments postmarked after June 5, 2019, will incur a 10 percent late payment penalty. Additional interest at the rate of 10 percent per annum will be assessed. The due date will not be extended for bills where assessment questions have been filed with the Board of Equalization.
Payments can be made using electronic check (eCheck), VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Please note that there is a convenience fee added to credit card transactions. There is no fee for eCheck. Payments may be made:
- Online: www.loudounportal.com/taxes
- Through your mobile device: The Link2Loudoun app is available for free from the iPhone App Store and the Google Play Store. The app allows access to www.loudounportal.com/taxes to pay your taxes.
- Telephone: 1-800-269-5971 may be called 24 hours a day. During regular business hours, call 703-777-0280. Please have your account number and credit card number ready.
- By Mail: County of Loudoun, P.O. Box 1000, Leesburg, Virginia 20177-1000
- In Person: Treasurer’s Office Locations
- 1 Harrison Street SE, First Floor, Leesburg
- 21641 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 104, Sterling
The offices are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., weekdays and 24-hour deposit boxes are located outside each office.
Please contact the Loudoun County Treasurer's Office at 703-777-0280 or email [email protected] if you have not received your bill or if there are any questions.
As a reminder, Loudoun County is now responsible for billing, collecting and administering real estate taxes for Hillsboro, Leesburg, Lovettsville, Middleburg and Round Hill. Under the new centralized system, residents and businesses in these five incorporated towns now make a single payment for county and town taxes to the County of Loudoun.
Stay up to date on tax information by subscribing to the Tax Notices category of Alert Loudoun at www.loudoun.gov/alert. You can also text the word “TAXES” to 888777 to receive text messages about tax-related information, including upcoming deadlines.
For information regarding Real Property Tax Exemptions and Deferrals, please contact the Exemptions Division of the Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office at [email protected] or 703-737-8557 or visit www.loudoun.gov/taxrelief.
# # #