The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors has scheduled a Transit Summit for Tuesday, July 23, 2019, beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the Board Room of the Loudoun County Government Center, 1 Harrison Street SE in Leesburg.
The summit is intended to provide Board members with a dedicated opportunity to discuss transit, one of the Board’s strategic focus areas. Representatives of the Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure will provide the Board with updates on a number of topics, including:
- Current transit operations and plans for the future when the Metrorail Silver Line revenue service begins in Loudoun;
- Current paratransit service and plans for expansion when Metrorail stations open in Loudoun;
- Development of strategies for the use of park and ride lots as the county transitions to Metrorail service;
- The use of the Metrorail parking garages in the interim period between completion of the structures and the start of Metrorail service; and
- The future uses of technology by the Loudoun County Transit system, such as autonomous transit vehicles and electronic, real-time information signs at bus stops.
In addition, representatives of the Commission on Aging, the Disability Services Board, the Loudoun Health Council and the Transit Advisory Board are scheduled to provide comments to the Board of Supervisors on transit-related matters.
Documents prepared for the meeting are online here. The Transit Summit will be available for viewing on Comcast Government Channel 23, Open Band Channel 40, Verizon FiOS Channel 40 and at www.loudoun.gov/webcast.
# # #