Loudoun County election officials remind residents that if they are not registered to vote, they have until Tuesday, October 15, 2019, to do so in order to vote in the November 5, 2019, general election. The voter registration deadlines are:
- Online Voter Registration: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, at 11:59 p.m.
- In-Person Voter Registration: Tuesday, October 15, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. at the Loudoun County Office of Elections and Voter Registration, 750 Miller Drive, S.E., Suite C in Leesburg
- By-Mail Voter Registration: The application must be postmarked no later than October 15, 2019.
Absentee balloting continues through Saturday, November 2, 2019, at the Office of Elections and Voter Registration, 750 Miller Drive, S.E., Suite C in Leesburg. Expanded absentee voting hours and locations will be offered beginning in late October. Details can be found at loudoun.gov/NovemberElection.
The deadline for voters to apply to have an absentee ballot mailed to them is 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, October 29, 2019. The last day to vote an absentee ballot in person is Saturday, November 2, 2019.
Offices on the ballot on November 5, 2019, include members of the Virginia General Assembly, Loudoun County Board of Supervisors, Commissioner of the Revenue, Commonwealth’s Attorney, Sheriff, Treasurer, and directors of the Loudoun Soil and Water Conservation District. Voters will also be asked to decide several bond questions for parks and recreation, public safety, school and transportation projects.
Loudoun election officials encourage voters to stay informed by:
- Texting LCVOTES to 888777 to receive text alerts from the Loudoun County Office of Elections and Voter Registration.
- Signing up for the Election Update category in Alert Loudoun, the county’s email and text notification system.
- Following the Office of Elections and Voter Registration on Facebook and Twitter. Loudoun County Government also posts general information on Facebook and Twitter.
More information about the upcoming election and voting in Loudoun County is online at loudoun.gov/vote.
# # #