Loudoun County is offering five locations for residents to drop off their Christmas trees for recycling beginning Thursday, December 26, 2019, through Monday, January 20, 2020.
Only natural, cut trees are accepted. The trees will be converted into mulch, which is available for free year-round to Loudoun County residents at the Loudoun County landfill, located at 21101 Evergreen Mills Road, Leesburg.
Residents who receive curbside recycling services may contact their homeowners association, town office or recycling service provider for Christmas tree collection schedules.
Whether dropping a tree off at one of the Christmas tree collection sites or at the curb, please remove all ornaments, lights, tinsel, wire, stand and tree bag. Dispose of the tree bag in your regular trash. If you wish to recycle a natural wreath, please remove all wires, bows, twine, lights and ornaments before recycling the wreath. If removal of these items is not possible, then dispose of the tree or wreath with your regular garbage.
The Christmas Tree Recycling Program is a public service for Loudoun County residents only. Tree vendors operating in Loudoun County who have leftover trees may recycle them at the Loudoun County landfill for $62 a ton. Netting, rope, wire, tags and other items must be removed prior to recycling. Visit loudoun.gov/landfill or call 703-771-5500 for more information.
For residents, Christmas trees will be accepted for recycling free of charge at the following locations through January 20, 2020:
- Leesburg: Loudoun County Landfill Recycling Center, 21101 Evergreen Mills Road, Leesburg, 20175, Open Monday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Lovettsville: Game Protective Association, 16 South Berlin Pike, Lovettsville, 20180, Open daily
- Purcellville: Franklin Park, 17501 Franklin Park Drive, Purcellville, 20132, Open daily, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- South Riding: Town Hall, rear parking lot next to tennis court. 43055 Center Street, South Riding, 20152, Open daily
- Sterling: Claude Moore Park (use Loudoun Park Lane entrance), 46150 Loudoun Park Lane, Sterling, 20164, Open daily, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
More information about the Loudoun County Christmas Tree Recycling Program is available at loudoun.gov/recycling.
# # #