The Loudoun County government has expanded its rent assistance program for Loudoun County households economically impacted by COVID-19.
The Board of Supervisors has approved re-allocating $480,000 in Community Development Block Grant funds to expand the rent assistance program. The goal is to help ensure housing stability for low-income workers who have been furloughed, lost jobs or had work hours reduced due to the pandemic.
The terms of the program include:
- Income eligibility based on household size for households earning up to 70% of the state median income ($70,332 for a family of 4).
- Direct payments made to landlords or property management companies on behalf of residents who qualify for the program.
- Depending on funding availability, the program provides rent assistance up to $1,000 per month for up to three months. Applicants need to apply for one month of assistance at a time; months do not need to be consecutive.
- Residents must be current in their rent payments as of March 30, 2020.
- The program will continue as long as the local emergency declaration is in effect and funding is available.
Residents who were current in their rent payments as of March 30, 2020, and who now need help paying rent, may submit a completed application form as well as eligibility documentation, such as a current lease and paperwork that shows a job loss, reduced income, or hardship due to COVID-19. This documentation will be verified to determine eligibility. Submitting an application does not guarantee financial assistance will be provided.
To download an application form and checklist, visit loudoun.gov/limitedrentassistance. To request a paper copy of the application form and checklist be mailed to you, contact the county’s Information and Referral program at 703-777-0420.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVIDESP to 88877 to receive text messages in Spanish from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email.
# # #