Loudoun County Treasurer H. Roger Zurn Jr. reminds taxpayers that the deadline for payment of the first half real property tax is June 5, 2020.
Payments postmarked after June 5, 2020, will incur a 10 percent late payment penalty. Additional interest at the rate of 10 percent per annum will be assessed. The due date will not be extended for bills where assessment questions have been filed with the Board of Equalization. Taxpayers who are having financial difficulties should contact the Treasurer’s Collections Team at 703-771-5656 for assistance.
Payments can be made using electronic check (echeck), VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Please note there is a convenience fee added to credit card transactions. There is no fee for echeck.
In light of the coronavirus pandemic and social distancing measures in place at county government buildings, the county encourages taxpayers to utilize the online payment option.
Payments may be made:
- Online: www.loudounportal.com/taxes
- Through a mobile device: Link2Loudoun app is available for free from the iPhone App Store and the Google Play Store. The app allows access to www.loudounportal.com/taxes to pay your taxes.
- By telephone: 1-800-269-5971 may be called 24 hours a day. During regular business hours, call 703-777-0280. Please have your account number and credit card number ready.
- By mail: County of Loudoun, P.O. Box 1000, Leesburg, Virginia 20177-1000
- In person: Treasurer’s Office Locations:
- 1 Harrison Street SE, first floor, Leesburg
- 21641 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 104, Sterling
The offices’ regular business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. On Thursday, June 4 and Friday, June 5, offices will be operating under extended business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. In addition, 24-hour deposit boxes are located outside each office.
Please contact the Loudoun County Treasurer’s Office at 703-777-0280 or by email if you have not received your bill.
Stay up to date on tax information by subscribing to the Tax Notices category of Alert Loudoun at loudoun.gov/alert. You can also text the word “TAXES” to 888777 to receive text messages about tax-related information, including upcoming deadlines.
For information regarding real property tax exemptions and deferrals, contact the Exemptions Division of the Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office by email, or phone at 703-737-8557, or visit loudoun.gov/taxrelief.
# # #