Loudoun County Public Library (LCPL) launched Curbside Pickup on Monday, June , 2020. The contactless service allows customers to pick up items they have placed on hold outside at their local branch. Customers will receive notifications by email, text or phone once their items are available. All patrons are strongly encouraged to call their branch to arrange a pickup time.
“We’re very excited to be getting books back into the hands of our customers,” said LCPL Director Chang Liu. “I do urge everyone to call their local branch after receiving their notifications. Ensuring the safety of our customers and staff is my top priority. I ask everyone to please observe social distancing protocols.”
With the exception of the Law Library, Curbside Pickup will operate at all LCPL branches Monday through Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Friday and Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Customers are welcome to return their previously checked out materials during Curbside Pickup hours. All returned materials will be quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours, so customers should expect at least a four-day delay before their accounts show their materials have been returned.
LCPL does not impose late fees, so customers will not incur any charges or have their accounts blocked during this period.
All pickups and returns will take place outside of the library since branches remain closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While the pickup process will be slightly different at each branch due to the varying physical layouts, the basic steps are as follows:
- Sign up for a library card and/or reserve items at catalog.library.loudoun.gov. Customers may also reserve materials by calling their local branch.
- Wait for notification by phone, email or text.
- Call your branch to arrange a pickup time.
- After arriving, call the posted phone number to get instructions on how retrieve your items while following social distancing guidelines.
For complete information, visit library.loudoun.gov/curbside.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVIDESP to 88877 to receive text messages in Spanish from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email.
# # #