The Virginia Cooperative Extension Family Nutrition Program, "Eat Smart, Move More," empowers you to take charge of your health by eating healthy and living an active lifestyle. Our nutrition educators work with Virginians to teach essential life skills like cooking, managing a food budget, using SNAP/EBT, being physically active, handling food safely, and planning meals.
Activities for Younger Kids (4-8 years old):
- Picking out fruits and veggies at the store
- Washing fruits and veggies
- For more see link below on Kids in the Kitchen
Activities for Older Kids (9-18 years old):
- Peeling and slicing vegetables and fruit
- Boiling and draining pasta and other grains
- Measuring and mixing ingredients together for baking
- For more, see link below on Kids in the Kitchen
Learn more, plus see a great smoothie recipe: Kids in the Kitchen.
The Virginia Cooperative Extension Family Nutrition Program is in partnership with Loudoun Hunger Relief.
# # #