Anyone interested in having a better understanding of mental illness is encouraged to sign up for one of the next virtual Loudoun County Mental Health First Aid trainings.
The free classes cover:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use
- How to interact with a person in crisis
- How to connect the person with help
- Information on trauma, addiction and self-care
- A general class for adults is set for January 20 & 21, 2021, from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. each day. The deadline to register is January 11.
- A class for adults who interact with young people will be held January 28 & 29, 2021, from 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. each day. The deadline to register is January 19.
Find details and a link to register at loudoun.gov/mhfirstaid.
# # #