The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors has set its meeting schedule for 2021 and has reelected Sterling District Supervisor Koran T. Saines as vice chairman. In the absence of Chair Phyllis J. Randall, Saines will perform the duties of the chair.
Under the rules of order adopted January 5, 2021, during the Board’s first meeting of the year, the Board’s monthly schedule of business meetings and public hearings, including the public input schedule, will remain the same as last year:
2021 Meeting Schedule
The Board adopted a standard meeting schedule that remains unchanged in 2021:
- Business meetings on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 5:00 p.m.
- Public hearing on the Wednesday of the week following the first business meeting of the month at 6:00 p.m.
- Details about the Board’s meetings are posted online at loudoun.gov/calendar.
2021 Holiday Adjustments
The Board made adjustments to the meeting schedule due to holidays:
- Moved the September 7, 2021, Board business meeting to September 8, 2021, due to Rosh Hashanah.
- Moved the September 14, 2021, Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee meeting to September 13, 2021, due to Yom Kippur.
- Moved the September 15, 2021, Board public hearing to September 14, 2021, due to Yom Kippur.
- Moved the November 2, 2021, Board business meeting to November 3, 2021, due to Election Day.
Public Comment Schedule and Procedures
Members of the public may provide input to the Board during business meetings and public input. Speakers are encouraged to sign up in advance by calling 703-777-0200 by noon on the day of the meeting.
- Public input at the Board’s business meetings will begin as early as 6:00 p.m.
- At the second business meeting of the month, an additional time of public input will be included at the beginning of the agenda at 5:00 p.m. The number of speakers is limited and speakers must sign up in advance.
- Comments at public hearings are limited to the items on the agenda.
Members of the public who would like to provide comments to the Board of Supervisors are encouraged to do so remotely until further notice to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Details on how to provide comments remotely are available at loudoun.gov/remoteparticipation.
The Board also made appointments to the Board’s standing committees: the Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee, the Joint Board and School Board Committee and the Transportation and Land Use Committee. Standing committee members remain unchanged in 2021. In addition, the Board appointed members to various regional and county boards, which are listed in the agenda packet.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Board is conducting electronic meetings under the Continuity of Government Ordinance (PDF) adopted by the Board on October 14, 2020. While the meetings are electronic, the Board Room in the Loudoun County Government Center, 1 Harrison Street, S.E. in Leesburg, typically is open for the meetings. However, as part of the county’s efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the room capacity of the Board Room is currently limited. Members of the public are encouraged to view the Board of Supervisors’ meetings on television on Comcast Government Channel 23, Open Band Channel 40, and Verizon FiOS Channel 40, and at loudoun.gov/meetings.
Learn more about the Board of Supervisors by visiting loudoun.gov/bos.
# # #