The Loudoun County Health Department is announcing that effective Monday, April 12, 2021, Loudoun County is expanding COVID-19 vaccination opportunities to include all Loudoun County residents who are 16 years of age and older and encourages them to pre-register for a COVID-19 vaccine if they have not already done so. Please note that anyone under 18 receiving the vaccine must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at their vaccination appointment or they will be turned away.
“The expansion of vaccination opportunities earlier than expected is a result of the efficient vaccination of people who were in the Phase 1 priority groups over the past three and half months,” said Loudoun County Health Director Dr. David Goodfriend. “As we begin making appointments for people in the general population, we will continue to prioritize vaccination for anyone in groups who are at greater risk of exposure and illness and for spreading the virus.”
All health districts in Virginia are scheduled to advance to Phase 2 of the vaccination plan no later than April 18, 2021.
Since April 1, Loudoun County has vaccinated on average more than 4,100 people daily at the county’s COVID-19 vaccination site at the Dulles Town Center. As vaccine supplies continue to increase, the county has the capacity to vaccinate even more people each day. Stay up to date on the county's vaccination efforts at loudoun.gov/covid19vaccine.
How to Pre-Register
Anyone 16 years of age and older who lives or works in Virginia can pre-register for a COVID-19 vaccine in one of two ways:
- Online: Visit vaccinate.virginia.gov to submit a pre-registration form. The fastest method for receiving a vaccination appointment is to include a unique email address in separate pre-registration forms for each individual who will receive a vaccine.
- Phone: Individuals who do not have access to the internet can pre-register by calling 1-877-829-4682.
Other Vaccination Opportunities
In addition to receiving a vaccine from Loudoun County, people can also look for available vaccination appointments at pharmacies and other locations in the region by visiting vaccinefinder.org. These entities do not coordinate their registrations with the Health Department.
Already Pre-Registered, But Have Not Heard from the County?
The Health Department encourages anyone who has already pre-registered for a vaccine and is in the Phase 1a, 1b or 1c priority groups, but has not yet been contacted by the county for a vaccination appointment, to take two actions:
- First, check your spam or junk email folder for an email from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), which is used to pre-register, to ensure the invitation for an appointment was not sent there.
- Second, if you have not received an email, contact the county by calling 703-737-8300, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Stay Vigilant in Slowing the Spread of COVID-19
The CDC has published guidance for fully vaccinated people; however, the CDC also recommends that even people who are fully vaccinated keep taking precautions in public places. The Loudoun County Health Department encourages Loudoun residents who received a COVID-19 vaccine to continue taking the steps that help prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Avoid crowds of people.
- Stay 6 feet away from others who do not live in your household at all times.
- Wear a face covering when in public to protect yourself and others.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Avoid non-essential travel, particularly carpooling with people who do not live in your household.
- Avoid visiting unvaccinated people who are at increased risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19.
Learn more about how to protect yourself and others on the CDC’s website.
Loudoun County continues to offer free COVID-19 testing weekly. More information about COVID-19 testing opportunities is posted online at loudoun.gov/covid19testing.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Sign up for email and text updates about Loudoun’s response to COVID-19 at loudoun.gov/coronavirus.
- Opt in to receive text message updates regarding the COVID-19 pandemic:
- English: Text LCCOVID19 to 888777
- Spanish: Text LCCOVIDESP to 888777
- Follow the Loudoun County Government Facebook page and @LoudounCoGovt on Twitter.
# # #