Construction of an awning at the Loudoun County Government Center that affected pedestrian and vehicular traffic on Harrison Street in Leesburg has been completed. As a result, on Monday, April 19, 2021:
- The sidewalk on the Government Center side of Harrison Street between Loudoun Street and East Market Street will reopen.
- The Loudoun County Transit bus stop on Harrison Street, which serves Routes 55 and 70, will return to its original location on the west side of Harrison Street.
- Four public parking spaces on Harrison Street that were closed during the project will be reopened.
- Access to the outdoor, 24-hour Treasurer’s Office depository will resume.
- The exit from inside the Government Center to Harrison Street will reopen.
As a reminder, the main entrance to the Government Center is located on the courtyard side of the building, opposite the Government Center’s parking garage, which is accessed off Loudoun Street.
# # #